Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 PM

92 posts, read 242,108 times

Advertisements

two years ago the congress was new and I remember distinctly a certain Nancy Pelosi saying they their party had a plan, the first 100 hours , etc but they also said they had an energy plan, they would reduce the price of oil , get us off it

well two years later oil has gone up 75% since they said this and I still wait for this great plan .
false promises are easy to say, using bumper sticker slogans is easy to remember and shout to others but actually doing what you say is much harder.

I won't be fooled this election by anyone's false promises

Nicole
Over population is very true and can be seen in states like southern Florida

for instance a person moves in with the many thousands to a housing association, some of the locals call them white elitist compounds
they knock acres and acres of trees, trees I might add which give us oxygen
they kill the wildlife
they move the wild life out
they now add to more congestion, more pollution
they now are using more resources like water
they build concrete jungles, tacky strip malls and chain stores thus using more energy etc

but get this, they meet at a Starbucks for their moch chocha, collatta, moolatta, pettatta whatever, they read the NY times , take their laptops, drive their car or that nice luxury car with not much fuel economy and then moan about how other people like those bad oil companies are destroying the environment

maybe using private planes could stop for the candidates too, especially when those who preach this do not listen to themselves..

I look forward to them using a bus to get around the country and maybe doing town hall meetings for us mere normals to ask questions seeing as the media cannot ask them hard questions.

which brings me onto something I was thinking before

anyone tell me why no town hall meetings been done yet between the two candidates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 06:03 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,123,925 times
From Reuters
June 14, 2008

COLUMBUS, OHIO -- Barack Obama and John McCain squabbled Friday over terms for a series of face-to-face town hall meetings, and each side blamed the other for an inability to reach an accord.

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe said his candidate had offered to meet McCain five times before election day -- in the three presidential campaign debates that normally take place, plus a joint town hall on the economy in July and an in-depth debate on foreign policy in August.

"That package of five engagements would have been the most of any presidential campaign in the modern era -- offering a broad range of formats -- and representing a historic commitment to openness and transparency," Plouffe said.

latimes

Old 06-27-2008, 07:29 PM

thanks for that Buck

After I had posted that I decided to not be lazy and did a search.
I found that John Mc Cain had offered right after the nomination of Barack Obama to do 10 town hall meetings but at first Obama's crew said it sounded interesting and then a week later they said no they didn't want that format

Think it was to do with John McCain being comfortable taking questions from anyone where as Barack Obama isn't and when he does he always gaffs without his written speeches.

still lets hope we are able to ask questions as many NH natives and locals know John Mccain likes to do them in NH and it would be interesting to get Obama by himself with out those nice speeches being said over and over.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 PM

161 posts, read 339,137 times
Americans are going through hard times, if we saw more faces (I'm not talking here of the acts of Mother Nature) of the numerous economic factors and how they are playing out...it is very stressful for people...lack of a visionary energy plan has been the fault of everyone in Washington both sides of the isle..yea everyone is talking about it now because its popular...I give a lot of credit to the American People they will figure out what they want, its everyones individual right to express they prefer one person over another, we may not agree, its just an opinon....we're not here on this board to argue...what a waste of time...thanks BN for maintaining your class

Old 06-27-2008, 07:44 PM

would have thought people are talking because oil is at an high time high and if it were at an all time low(how nice would that be) then people wouldn't be talking about it

for instance congress has had 40 talks about oil thus far

still I could be wrong as the wifey would say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire