Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 04:49 AM

103 posts, read 317,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Haven't gone climbing in years, but one of my favorites back in the day was Zealand Falls. There is an AMC hut on the way to the summit, and I still remember that I had the very best bowl of veggie/barley soup of my entire life at that hut. If you've got a couple of days, check your AMC trail guide, and try to do Thoreau Falls and Zenith Falls as a loop. Somewhere along this trail I remember a suspension footbridge, of course I don't remember the trail names, but it made for a nice weekend hike/climb.

For an easy hike (less than 1/2 mile in) and nice pictures, Sabbaday Falls is a nice place to have lunch a little off the beaten path. If you don't want all the crowds at Rocky Gorge, this might be just the place...
Ya know what? I haven't heard about these. I am an AMC member and will have to check this out. Sounds good ! the only problem I have is if my dog will do the suspension bridge. Dog goes with me on every hike. That just the way it is. Thanks for the info Valerie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,470 times
I'm doing the Bonds overnight this weekend, pics to follow next week, hoping for good weather.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
I'm doing the Bonds overnight this weekend, pics to follow next week, hoping for good weather.
Good Deal..Be waiting for the pics

Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 PM

Default Rock on rock

Most people have seen these all over the state. It's known as "Rock on Rock." Most hikers pay no attention, or think that rocks just ended up this way because of landslides, glaciers, or even ancient volcanic eruptions.

The truth may be different. Most likely, this rock was placed here some 3-4 hundred years ago by an American Indian. This particular rock points in the direction of a stream, which runs out to the baker river.

I see them all the time. Some are made with a few rocks formed in an arrow, and others are just rock on a rock. This one is on Rattlesnake mountain in Rumney.
And now, you'll notice them too.
https://txryuw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pM772yGPhcKDgkWXdldMAshEGI24TxUkANlh5wvSZMrf2EJS cn-a3mCrwbCwG_h6bw-EevyPKizXXA5HLbpqfGA/PDR_1559.JPG (broken link)

Old 07-02-2008, 06:36 PM

311 posts, read 995,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFWIC View Post
Most people have seen these all over the state. It's known as "Rock on Rock." Most hikers pay no attention, or think that rocks just ended up this way because of landslides, glaciers, or even ancient volcanic eruptions.

The truth may be different. Most likely, this rock was placed here some 3-4 hundred years ago by an American Indian. This particular rock points in the direction of a stream, which runs out to the baker river.

I see them all the time. Some are made with a few rocks formed in an arrow, and others are just rock on a rock. This one is on Rattlesnake mountain in Rumney.
And now, you'll notice them too.
https://txryuw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pM772yGPhcKDgkWXdldMAshEGI24TxUkANlh5wvSZMrf2EJS cn-a3mCrwbCwG_h6bw-EevyPKizXXA5HLbpqfGA/PDR_1559.JPG (broken link)
Is there a picture here? If so, how come I can't see it.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:47 PM

WOW ! I can see it. You can't? Hmmmm. Can you see the first pic in this thread of Mt Israel?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
I can't see any pictures in this thread either not a link, not even a "broken" image. Anyone else?

Old 07-03-2008, 12:55 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
I can't see any pictures in this thread either not a link, not even a "broken" image. Anyone else?

I cant see anything either

Old 07-03-2008, 04:50 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
MFWIC - I can't see your pictures either - If I right click where the picture is supposed to be and check properties - it may be that the site you're using isn't compatible with City-Data.

Try uploading to photobucket.com and then putting the link in - Or..I've also been able to put thumbnails that you can click on by uploading an attachment to a message here in the forum.

Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 AM

51 posts, read 82,056 times
check out the MKT trail in the midwest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire