Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 AM

24 posts, read 89,402 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone has been to Pickety Place(I think it is in Mason) It is/was the setting for Grandmas house in Little Red Riding Hood. I have viewed the website for it and have been thinking about going there for 2 years now. If you have been or know where it is, how was it and is it easy to find? Thanks, HennyPenny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 07:05 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,032,208 times
I've never personally been there - though my mother went a long time ago. It's supposed to be very nice, although a bit on the expensive side. I know they have signs up all over the Greenville/Mason area pointing the way, and the roads are marked fairly well, but they are back roads not highway.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 AM

18 posts, read 32,794 times
Default Pickety Place, Mason, NH

Hi,

Yes, I've been there twice, and my son and his wife have been there 7 or 8 times. We like it *very* much. The house is surrounded by gardens, herbs and flowers all of which they use in their cooking. The menu, as you know from the website, remains the same for a month; there are three lunch sittings each day and reservations are recommended. The food is definitely out of the ordinary, very tasty soups, salads, entrees, and desserts, all uniquely flavored. The restaurant is located literally in a woods, and it takes a little time to get there. For that reason, I think, its clientele consists in large part, though not entirely, of women--women of all ages. Between the orderliness of the sittings, the reliably good food, the beautiful gardens, and the surrounding woods, it's a pleasant, relaxing experience. No, I'm not connected with Pickety Place in any way. : )

WM

Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 AM

311 posts, read 994,638 times
My mom-in-law LOVES it there and it's a special once-a-year visit for her!

Old 07-15-2008, 01:24 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,196,294 times
Talking Hello HENNYPENNY! :0) THANK YOU! :0)

WELCOME TO THE NH FORUM!

Thank you for all of the great posts that you have contributed to!

Thank you for this thread! I did not know about this It sounds like a

nice place to visit!

Take care! :0)

Have a GREAT week everyone!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennypenny View Post
Just curious if anyone has been to Pickety Place(I think it is in Mason) It is/was the setting for Grandmas house in Little Red Riding Hood. I have viewed the website for it and have been thinking about going there for 2 years now. If you have been or know where it is, how was it and is it easy to find? Thanks, HennyPenny.

Last edited by countrylv22; 07-15-2008 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU!:0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) PEACE! :0)

Old 07-15-2008, 02:08 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,211 times
I love Pickety Place! If you like gardening, herbs, good food, quaint atmosphere, gift shops, I highly recommend it. Yes, it's been easy to find every time I've gone there.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,943,398 times
This sounds like a very nice and unique place--just the sort of place we need for a CD luncheon

Old 07-17-2008, 06:53 PM

14 posts, read 69,981 times
Hello, I LOVE Pickety Place! I went years ago to a luncheon and it was delish! Make sure you call in advance for reservations! It's not a big place. If I remember correctly, the House was used in the Little Red Riding Hood book. It has charming gardens and set in an idyllic setting that is truly hard to come by in the 21st Century.

Have Fun!

DF
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire