Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM

371 posts, read 1,822,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
God, I could only wish. Our town as of Jan 2007, had 177,158 folks living here We have an annual growth rate of 2.5 percent a year. Way too many people moving here.

Dare, thanks for posting the link.

Here is the website to my town if you are interested in checking it out.

City of Santa Clarita, California
Hey Suzet2262, I asked you in my thread where you were from, but now I know! I was just down there on business. Yes, your "town" is growing, and very rapidly! In fact, I'm working on an environmental impact report for a new large development in the Newhall area. It sure looks like a suburbanite's paradise down there--one of the many reasons I want to leave CA for good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 11:13 AM

371 posts, read 1,822,949 times
This thread makes me even more sad that my wife and I didn't stop in Littleton on the way through. And we were only down at Sugar Hill! We almost drove back to Littleton for dinner, but decided on the little place in Franconia, instead. As we passed Littleton, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was leaving my home behind. Yeah, I know, it sounds a little pathetic.. but at least I'm honest about it.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:59 AM

230 posts, read 875,465 times
Littleton is awesome because of Chutter's Store, home of the longest candy counter in the world!!!! And all of the shops on Main Street that are so much fun to visit!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:07 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstuff View Post
Hey Suzet2262, I asked you in my thread where you were from, but now I know! I was just down there on business. Yes, your "town" is growing, and very rapidly! In fact, I'm working on an environmental impact report for a new large development in the Newhall area. It sure looks like a suburbanite's paradise down there--one of the many reasons I want to leave CA for good!
That is amazing Grim that you were here. Lmao, I didnt even know there was a large development going to happen in Newhall. My god where are they going to build?? The environmental impact, I dont know the scientific stuff, but I do know about how awful the air is out here. It gets worse every year. This year has been very bad.

This area is so crowed, it doesnt feel like home to me anymore. I cant keep up with all the growing, all the new neighborhoods popping up. Its too much.

Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta View Post
Littleton is awesome because of Chutter's Store, home of the longest candy counter in the world!!!! And all of the shops on Main Street that are so much fun to visit!
Asta, Chutter's Store is on my list of places to go when I come out there. I saw it on I believe the travel channel. The longest candy counter in the world must be something

Old 08-01-2008, 06:03 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimstuff View Post
This thread makes me even more sad that my wife and I didn't stop in Littleton on the way through. And we were only down at Sugar Hill! We almost drove back to Littleton for dinner, but decided on the little place in Franconia, instead. As we passed Littleton, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was leaving my home behind. Yeah, I know, it sounds a little pathetic.. but at least I'm honest about it.
Grimstuff - Sorry you didn't make it to Littleton. The town is not for everyone, but we like it. We have an economic development committee (not sure if that's the correct "title") that is working on having this area not get hit too badly with the economy the way it is. One of the things we like about it is that the growth is slow, and seems to be pretty well thought out. The "box stores", i.e. WalMart, Shaw's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples, plus chain restaurants are on one end of town, leaving Main Street pretty much for the locally owned stores, which is great.

It gets pretty cold and snowy up here and this summer has been pretty rainy, as well, but at least we don't get much in the way of high heat and humdity for long stretches. On your next trip, you'll have to swing through Littleton

Old 08-01-2008, 06:05 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Asta, Chutter's Store is on my list of places to go when I come out there. I saw it on I believe the travel channel. The longest candy counter in the world must be something
Chutter's is unique, that's for sure! It sells things other than candy, as well. They actually had Black Jack chewing gum, which I hadn't seen since I was a kid and candy cigarettes! I didn't think they made either of those any more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire