Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:16 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,941,024 times

Advertisements

Suzet, so glad to hear that you are doing OK with this, and that all of our CA friends are ok as well! I keep hearing on TV that they're referring to this out here as "CA's Earthquake Drill" and you know what?? I can't imagine going through life just waiting for "the big one"... no wonder your nerves are frazzled. I'll take blizzards and thunderstorms any day...

I was spending time with my Mom yesterday, and she got a call from my brother who lives in Redlands, works in Palm Springs. They felt it there, and wanted to let us know that things were OK, just a bit shaken.

Just know that we're all thinking about you out there.. My contact info is public information, so feel free to use it to get in touch w/ me (checking in) so I can post here even if you can't!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 07:26 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,890,481 times
We used to live in Chino Hills and knew there were fault lines underneath our house. When I came home yesterday, my husband goes "Guess what?" But we were there for the Northridge one, and I survived that and Whittier. I'm glad to hear of no injuries, but EQ's are no fun. Rolling ones are okay...up and down ones are surreal!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:30 PM

132 posts, read 356,246 times
Lots of shaking at our house and some of the kids got frightened but all is well here-we live about 20 minutes from the epicenter.

Predictions are for a 7.0 or greater magnitude quake anytime from now up to 30 years with a greater than 50% chance resulting in total distruction from LA to San Diego. Can we move now?

Old 07-30-2008, 04:10 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,053 times
Wink everyone out there be safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy, CA View Post
Lots of shaking at our house and some of the kids got frightened but all is well here-we live about 20 minutes from the epicenter.

Predictions are for a 7.0 or greater magnitude quake anytime from now up to 30 years with a greater than 50% chance resulting in total distruction from LA to San Diego. Can we move now?

i'm very glad you guys are ok....i heard the samething about the big one in the next 30 years or so.. i think if i was living out there i would be looking to move east...

Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy, CA View Post

We'll have Country pick you up in the mothership and plop you down wherever you want....as long as it's New Hampshire

Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,954,931 times
Yeah in the next 30 years. I cant even imagine what that is going to feel like. It makes my stomach sick when I think of that. I always wonder when the topic comes up, if we will all be ok, and it scares me to death. Our cell phone coverage went out for I guess it was 10 to 20 mins just from this "little" one. I can only imagine after the big one, we will be all alone for awhile. No phone, no electricity, etc......

God, after the 91 quake, we didnt have power or water for about a week, and the aftershocks just kept coming and coming. That is the hardest part to deal with, IMO, is if you survive the inital quake, the after shocks wear on you...I remember one knocked me on my rear, and I just sat there and cried. It was almost too much to take. So I am NOT looking forward to the "Big One". I hope to God we arent living here when the San Andres wakes up. Wow.

All day yesterday, it was quake coverage. Even today they are talking about it. I just turned the tv off. I dont want to think about another quake. We know it is going to happen, I wish they would give it a rest and move on.

Val, I am happy to know your brother is ok. I can certainly understand the shaken part. Thank you for your kind words too. Oh and yes, the snow is looking pretty good to me too.

Wanna thank you for your post too. I am ok, just shaken a bit too. My daughter who is starting down the anxiety road, has been sick to her tummy today, she is nervous. I told her to not watch tv anymore, as I have said that seems to be all they talk about when they have commercials for the news. She is now watching a dvd, Christmas with the Kranks.

As far as the trip to Peru, he really hasnt said much about it. We got into an "argument" over it..lol. Maybe he is afraid to bring it up. So I am waiting to see what is going to happen.

NH2NCMom, were you able to get ahold of your hubbys Grandmother yet? I hope she is ok. Thank you for your kind post too.

JFR, hopefully Cali doesnt fall into the ocean, that would be a pretty crappy thing to happen. I am sure that will never happen. But I sure as heck dont want to be here for the big one to find out. I think it is getting time to move either way..lol.

Again thank you everyone for all your kind posts and DM's. It really means so much to me.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:20 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,195,044 times
Talking Lol! Lol! Lol! Thanks for this great post!

LOL! LOL! LOL!

DARE 2 DREAM! You are so FUNNY! LOL!

I will PICK up everyone on the MOTHERSHIP from California,

and PLOP them in NH!!! WOOHOO!!LOL!

I am so HAPPY that EVERYONE is doing GREAT, and ENJOYING the

SHAKE like CAPTJOB LOL!

And by the way, BOO is OK!! just busy with summer stuff and

family! I am sure she will REPORT in as soon as she can!

I am GLAD that SUZETTE, as well as the others have reported in SAFE &

SOUND!

I HOPE EVERYONE IS SAFE with ALL of the RAIN,

FIRES, QUAKES, TORNADOES everywhere

PLEASE take good care of yourselves, my NH FORUM FRIENDS!!

((HUGS))

HAVE A GREAT & SAFE WEEK!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
We'll have Country pick you up in the mothership and plop you down wherever you want....as long as it's New Hampshire

Last edited by countrylv22; 07-30-2008 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: PAY IT FORWARD!0) SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! 0)0) YOU GUYS ROCK! 0)0)0)Take good care! 0) PEACE! 0)0)

Old 07-30-2008, 07:49 PM

132 posts, read 356,246 times
Beam us up Country- we are more than ready to start our new lives in NH!!!

Thank you for all the kind words and support. Means so much to us.

Stay safe everyone

Old 07-31-2008, 02:22 PM

179 posts, read 435,872 times

Quote:

I think I agree with you guys, the snow is looking pretty good. Of course the last time I lived through a blizzard I was 16, but still, it sounds much better than the earth moving under your feet.

Much quieter too.

Glad you are all okay!

I haven't been out to the house today since I saw this thread, but a previous owner had an old typewritten paper on major climate events in the late 1800s and early 1900s. It's been passed on from owner to owner. Anyway, it mentioned 3 earthquakes here in NH. Didn't know they had them here too. Then again, I guess there are faults everywhere. Someone in their infinite wisdom, okayed the building of the Limerick, PA nuclear power plant on a fault line... just a bit of trivia...

Old 07-31-2008, 02:28 PM

179 posts, read 435,872 times
Quote:

You mean there's much of the cities left after all those fires, mudslides and other natural disasters that CA seems to attract??

Always seemed like too high of a price for some nice weather.

Hope you can start packing soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire