Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:59 AM

179 posts, read 435,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And then this one poster I forget her name now got all mad and upset like I was the AntiChrist!

??????? Someone's opinion doesn't mean that someone was trying to throw you under the bus. AntiChrist??? sheeesh...

Btw: I was a lifelong Republican until 4 years ago, then I went independant. I pay my taxes, have never taken a handout, am faithful to Christ, upkeep my property, try to save money, have no credit card debt, have always worked for a living, and scrimp so that I can drive somewhere for a week of vacation (usually to see a Nascar race). I have both conservative views on issues, but also take many liberal views as well. I don't believe on allowing someone to remain on welfare for more than a year, yet I believe in giving them a hand up with job training so you can teach them to fish instead of just giving them the fish. But, I also believe in helping those who cannot help themselves due to mental or physical illness instead of leaving them to fend for themselves in the street. I believe in equality for all without judging them beforehand, and if you decide to break the law you should get punished regardless of who you are. I see nothing wrong with bi-racial marriages and think everyone, including gays and muslims, should not be discriminated against. I believe those who are trying to better themselves should be encouraged to continue. I believe in saying the Pledge of Allegiance and having a moment of silence to reflect on the upcoming day. I believe in prayer, yet not forcing someone to believe what I may believe. I think getting rid of political parties is a way for our country to move forward instead of just fighting among themselves. This way our representatives and senators think about the people instead of that parties. I would be in favor of getting rid of income tax and just having a national sales tax so the people who buy the most pays the most. My children reflect our values and my youngest is going into the Navy this fall, hoping to become a Navy Seal. We are proud of his decision. I think our military is needed in Afghanistan, but should never have gone into Iraq. I think our military should also have stopped Darfur and other acts of genacide.

So, after all that, what box do I neatly fit into?? I just think that people are more complicated than that.

Btw: I am not trying to push anything that I said I believe onto you. You are free to believe in what you want. I am merely trying to illustrate a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 AM

179 posts, read 435,909 times
Ooops, btw, I guess I lied that I was done with this topic. But when you go fishin... expect to catch one.

Old 08-07-2008, 08:18 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Thank you for sharing debbiej63. And thank you to your son who is going into the Navy. There is hope for this next generation!

I'm an independent as well. Vote the person and not the party is my rule. Growing up in Massachusetts, where everybody votes Democrat because it's how they always voted seems very foolish in this day and age. It's amazing that my 74 year old mother, a life-long Dem is finding herself less and less in line with today's Democrat party, and has changed from a registered Dem to undeclared (Independent). While I think that in years past the Dems were the party for the hard-working family, these days it seems that the hard-working families are subsidizing others who chose not to work hard to get ahead.

Sorry to the OP, as this really doesn't pertain to her original question, but this discussion has been mainly positive, sharing of ideas. Good job everybody

Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Smile Democrat Moms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Thank you for sharing debbiej63. And thank you to your son who is going into the Navy. There is hope for this next generation!

I'm an independent as well. Vote the person and not the party is my rule. Growing up in Massachusetts, where everybody votes Democrat because it's how they always voted seems very foolish in this day and age. It's amazing that my 74 year old mother, a life-long Dem is finding herself less and less in line with today's Democrat party, and has changed from a registered Dem to undeclared (Independent). While I think that in years past the Dems were the party for the hard-working family, these days it seems that the hard-working families are subsidizing others who chose not to work hard to get ahead.

Sorry to the OP, as this really doesn't pertain to her original question, but this discussion has been mainly positive, sharing of ideas. Good job everybody
Like your Mom Valerie, my Mom has been a life long Dem and has only voted the party line in every election.

In fact we even had to agree to side step any political discussions due to our political paradox.

However, she is feeling so Alienated from the direction of the Dem party that this is the first ever time she has decided to Vote for a Republican, McCain! I mean I could not believe it. But she said it and she still drives and has her wits about her! I truly thought we would be visited by some extraterrestrials before my Mom voted for a Republican!

But I personally believe McCain is one of those Democrat Republicans or as it is described in New Hampshire RHINO Republicans, Republican In Name Only!

By the way, I am a registered Independent as well, I guess because I just want everyone to love me!!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:18 AM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm a registered pain in the a$$. Just ask my wife.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:36 AM

I agree with this 100% with your first comment--he is soooo not the McCain that I voted for in the 2000 primary I can't help but wonder how the country would have been different had he been he nominee back then a debate for another day and another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
But I personally believe McCain is one of those Democrat Republicans or as it is described in New Hampshire RHINO Republicans, Republican In Name Only!
--------
By the way, I am a registered Independent as well, I guess because I just want everyone to love me!!
Awwwww.... ain't that sweet I'm independent because I want the CHOICE (yeah, I'm all about CHOICE!!!) to vote for WHOEVER I feel will do the best job for the people, be it a local, state or national election. I only wish that I started voting earlier in life--didn't start voting until my early 30's just didn't seem that important...

Old 08-07-2008, 09:38 AM

That is to be expected of your gender I thought it was a prerequisite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm a registered pain in the a$$. Just ask my wife.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:52 AM

248 posts, read 805,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
ROFL... thank you for that light hearted comment!

Old 08-07-2008, 09:56 AM

248 posts, read 805,107 times
Thumbs up Well stated to Deb and Val C.

I agree with deb... I am unable to align myself with 1 particular party as well... you have to remember that you are voting for the person and their stance on issues... not so much for the party. I feel that with all of the changes in our government and the society that our parties have definitiely changed with the changes we've made... good thing & bad thing.

I tried to give reps to everyone...but just like Suzet, I'm in rep jail too!

Old 08-07-2008, 10:07 AM

951 posts, read 1,653,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
That is to be expected of your gender I thought it was a prerequisite!!
Standard equipment along with butt scratching, burps and passing gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire