Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM

6,514 posts, read 6,656,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I remember Hopkinton from years ago: Hollis did a chorus 'exchange' concert with them (or was it band?). Yes, it had it's own schools - they seemed pretty good, we thought they were kinda big compared to Hollis. the music program was also equal to ours (and we were.. and still are.. very good!). The town was nice, I'd say it was a bedroom town. Although does Hopkinton host a big fair?
Hopkington is just minutes outside of Concord. NH Governor Lynch just built a house there. It's not cheap to buy there. Very upscale town. Good schools, and an easy drive into Concord for shopping & work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 06:42 PM

680 posts, read 2,430,767 times
Yes, Hopkinton does host a big and very fun fair!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:56 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,889,979 times
I spent last Saturday at the Hopkinton State Fair, and it was really alot of fun. Every kind of fair food you can imagine, in fact I think I posted somewhere about it... Lots of rides, shows, etc. Demolition Derby which DH and DS enjoyed tremendously. DD, her friend and I saw a hypnotist show that was very amusing (of course, skeptic that I am, I always wonder if the people are *really* being controlled by the powers of suggestion, or if they are just playing along...

Quote:
Although does Hopkinton host a big fair?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:58 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,981,214 times
I thought it was the state fair, but I wasn't positive.

Ok, I know there's a NASCAR track somewhere around there.. was that also Hopkinton?

Old 09-05-2008, 10:49 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,692,575 times
Quote:
I thought it was the state fair, but I wasn't positive.

Ok, I know there's a NASCAR track somewhere around there.. was that also Hopkinton?
track is in Loudon - just north of Concord

Old 09-08-2008, 10:43 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,935,768 times
Haha its a deal. It would be heaven to me to take a ride on a horse drawn sled in the snow. I have wanted to do that since I was a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
Plenty of room Suzet!! Get on the train and meet us there, we can share a little frost bite together.

Captjob
Yeah Val, I have never seen a firefly, except for in the movies. Is that why they flash, looking for a mate?? That is so cute. Oh you better belive we will be back for next summer. I cant even think of living here for yet another summer!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Suzet, you've never seen a firefly?? I'm sorry to hear that! We don't have nearly the number of fireflies that we had when I was a kid. On summer nights, we would catch a dozen or more for each jar, and bring them into our rooms and watch them flash. My mom would set them all free after we went to sleep. It was pretty cool Firefly's will be most likely hibernating (or at least not flashing for a mate LOL) when you're here in October, but when you come back NEXT SUMMER you'll get to see them for sure!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 916 times
I live in New Hampshire and am thinking of moving back to sunny California. I have a daughter 21 there right now. I have MS and also Fibromyalgia. I am 52 and the cold is not good for my fribro, and the Humidity in the summer here is bad for my MS..
Nervous about the move. My daughter said she will live with me, but so hard to start over at my age...ahhhhhh

Old 03-06-2013, 01:40 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,218,427 times
It sure sounds like California would be a much better place for you. Good Luck with your move.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 AM

137 posts, read 380,424 times
I wish I could move back to San Diego.
I'm stuck here for now. Wish I had never left.
The cold and snowy winter here does not agree with me either.
Now I know why my parents left New England when I was very young and relocated to FL. Somehow I ended up in CA by way of TX. I had always wanted to come back to New England. I did. I'm over it.
It's beautiful but my daughter is also in CA, soon to be Seattle and I wish I was closer to her.

So yeah I would go back if I were you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire