Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM

259 posts, read 988,414 times

Advertisements

As any southerner will tell you, even if you move there+ have kids, even you're kids will not be southerners, just by proximity. "If you put the cat in the oven to have her kittens, that don't make them biscuts!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 AM

91 posts, read 307,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehombre View Post
As any southerner will tell you, even if you move there+ have kids, even you're kids will not be southerners, just by proximity. "If you put the cat in the oven to have her kittens, that don't make them biscuts!!"
Ah, but if you put biscuits in the oven to have kittens, what does that make them?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:10 PM

259 posts, read 988,414 times
Default origin of the thought......

Lets not be so literal.The comment was not from me. It's designed to point out that "belonging doesn't necessarily require" residing in a place. Noy my idea, but in the south, there's two kinds of Yankees. One is a Yankee and the other is a "DAMNED Yankee, that stayed" there.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:54 AM

91 posts, read 307,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeehombre View Post
It's designed to point out that "belonging doesn't necessarily require" residing in a place. Noy my idea, but in the south, there's two kinds of Yankees. One is a Yankee and the other is a "DAMNED Yankee, that stayed" there.
I've been in the South and I've lived in the South, I found them to be very welcoming and I guess I was lucky to not encounter those kinds of people. But, then again, I've lived in a ton of places (even in different countries, my mom being German and my hubby being British) and by the oven/kitten/biscuit reasoning, I wouldn't belong anywhere.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:47 AM

40 posts, read 100,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMishy View Post
I've been in the South and I've lived in the South, I found them to be very welcoming and I guess I was lucky to not encounter those kinds of people. But, then again, I've lived in a ton of places (even in different countries, my mom being German and my hubby being British) and by the oven/kitten/biscuit reasoning, I wouldn't belong anywhere.
We are in the same boat. We have lived in Germany, Korea, Honduras, Kansas, Missouri, Alabama, South Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. My folks have passed and my siblings are scattered.

We decided a long time ago that "Home is where we lay our head at night."

New Hampshire has always been comfortable to us and felt like home.

Last edited by CoffeeTalk; 09-06-2008 at 07:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire