Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times

Advertisements

Looking for info on this Nashua area running group(or any other group), particularly regarding youth involvement, but any info would be appreciated. Hopefully someone here (Nicolem?) must have something to say about involvement w/this group. In SoCal there was a track/XC group for kids which was not affiliated w/the local running group, and from what I can tell this is not the case here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:28 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
We belonged to the Gate City Striders when I lived in Nashua. We kept our membership even after we moved to Concord so we could get their newsletter, follow club members times and also for discounts to Runner's Alley. We let our membership run out about 2 years ago. I have to say that for NH- it is the best running club up here. We had only positive experiences with them. When I lived in NJ I belonged to 2 different running clubs which were great. It is harder to find clubs up here-I suppose because of less population and the weather.

I don't know an awful lot about the youth program but I found this link-maybe you already have it since you mentioned the Striders. This is the only youth running "club" I know of in your area for kids. I am unaware of any stand alone youth running programs in your area. I have a runner friend who still lives in Nashua-I will send her an E-mail and see what else I can find.

Gate city youth

http://www.gatecity.org/AA/index.shtml (broken link)

I also know GC Striders run youth clinics and other events throughout the year. Do you get the Telegraph? I know there used to be a column on I think Sundays about the running scene and the Striders. Of course this was some time ago.

I will let you know what my friend says. Sorry I don't have more info.

Nicolem

Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,247 times
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm relieved to hear it was a positive one.
I've posted on the GCS forum and sent email directly to the contact listed for youth events, but hope to hear more 'word of mouth' type of experiences from others.
thanks again, Nicole!

Old 08-20-2008, 11:17 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm relieved to hear it was a positive one.
I've posted on the GCS forum and sent email directly to the contact listed for youth events, but hope to hear more 'word of mouth' type of experiences from others.
thanks again, Nicole!
You are welcome. When I sent the E-mail I received the "out of office assistant". She must be on vacation so I may not hear from her until net week. I will let you know when she replies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire