Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,768 times

Advertisements

Wow Verseau, thank you for posting the picture!! It is so pretty. I wish I had some snow right now, it is so hot here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verseau View Post
Bristol doesn't do much for Christmas, but I always love the way the center of town looks at night with all the Christmas lights.

We used to have a big tree, but now it's just this little guy:

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v170/38/86/3419822/n3419822_36357192_4469.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 05:27 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shop14 View Post
I know its early but, which town really gets into the Christmas spirit? Parades, sleigh rides, Santa stories, Nativity scenes, town Christmas trees etc.
It looks like Littleton is having their Chistmas activity "kick off" November 28-November 29 this year.
Littleton, NH Area Chamber of Commerce .

This will be our third Chrismas in the area and I *think* this is year's kick-off is earlier than the past 2 years - the first year we didn't have snow, the second we did The town has done a nice job with Christmas both years - If I remember correctly, Santa visits the Community House (not sure if that's the same time as the parade or a little closer to Christmas), usually the bookstore and the library have things for kids - either stories or projects for the little ones to make gifts..Main Street is usually every nicely decorated and private homes also get into the spirit. I *think* one or two places just outside of town (which may be in either Bethlehem or Lisbon...again I can't really remember) has sleigh rides.

For some reason, my brain isn't firing on all cylindars this morning.....I think I may need more coffee to jump start it!

Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 AM

311 posts, read 995,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shop14 View Post
wow, all that stuff sounds great. what about sleigh rides and stuff, house decorating and who plays the Christmas music?
Waterville Valley! Wes Avery and his Percheron horses do sleigh rides through the valley floor (snow permitting, of course) and the whole Town Square is muzaked with Christmas music. Usually there are also Shakespearean actors roaming the square (or last year they were indoors at the Rey Center's Brookside Room if I remember correctly) doing their seasonal thing.

If I can get organized enough I'll post pictures. Don't hold your breath over the next week, though

Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking it was a merry christmas

well this is what christmas looks like at our house. didn't get a chance to put up all the lights outside cause we got a snow storm and everything got buried....
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/051224080610.jpg (broken link)http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/051204061252.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 AM

25 posts, read 52,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhampshiregirl View Post
Waterville Valley! Wes Avery and his Percheron horses do sleigh rides through the valley floor (snow permitting, of course) and the whole Town Square is muzaked with Christmas music. Usually there are also Shakespearean actors roaming the square (or last year they were indoors at the Rey Center's Brookside Room if I remember correctly) doing their seasonal thing.

If I can get organized enough I'll post pictures. Don't hold your breath over the next week, though
thanks for the info, is waterville near littleton?

Old 08-23-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
It looks like Littleton is having their Chistmas activity "kick off" November 28-November 29 this year.
Littleton, NH Area Chamber of Commerce .

This will be our third Chrismas in the area and I *think* this is year's kick-off is earlier than the past 2 years - the first year we didn't have snow, the second we did The town has done a nice job with Christmas both years - If I remember correctly, Santa visits the Community House (not sure if that's the same time as the parade or a little closer to Christmas), usually the bookstore and the library have things for kids - either stories or projects for the little ones to make gifts..Main Street is usually every nicely decorated and private homes also get into the spirit. I *think* one or two places just outside of town (which may be in either Bethlehem or Lisbon...again I can't really remember) has sleigh rides.

For some reason, my brain isn't firing on all cylindars this morning.....I think I may need more coffee to jump start it!
thank you Dare

Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
well this is what christmas looks like at our house. didn't get a chance to put up all the lights outside cause we got a snow storm and everything got buried....
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/051224080610.jpg (broken link)http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm112/JFRRACING/051204061252.jpg (broken link)
thats cool dude, looks nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire