Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 AM

33 posts, read 191,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neecy View Post
I thought I'd share this pic that my bf took last October - it was taken behind the Burger King in Londonderry - Wheeler Pond.

Wow thats impressive!! In that picture, you'd NEVER know that I 93 was like....100 feet away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 11:53 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
The next 5-7 days looks superior for looking at the foliage. After that I see a much cooler weather pattern with more chances of snow in the higher terrain of the White Mountains.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:18 PM

2,257 posts, read 8,169,984 times
I'm still working on uploading my photos, but I just wanted to say that the colors are gorgeous right now in the Lakes Region and rapidly approaching peak. Today we drove from Holderness to Sandwich along Route 113, Sandwich to Wolfeboro along Route 109, and Wolfeboro to Alton along Route 28. These roads are beautiful right now. There's also beautiful color here around Newfound Lake.

Overall, I think the colors aren't quite as good as they were last year (not as many reds it seems), but still good. I'm just glad I got to be home for a few days during my favorite time of year.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:19 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times
I'll second that! The colors are lovely. boy it was nice coming in to manchester and seeing all the color below. and driving around with all the lovely color surrounding us.

Then we flew home this afternoon: 79F and the barest hint on a very few trees of some mealy color. <sigh> I wanna come home!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I'll second that! The colors are lovely. boy it was nice coming in to manchester and seeing all the color below. and driving around with all the lovely color surrounding us.

Then we flew home this afternoon: 79F and the barest hint on a very few trees of some mealy color. <sigh> I wanna come home!
YA RIGHT....now tell the truth...lol

Old 10-15-2008, 03:50 PM

264 posts, read 616,650 times
Ok, I still have no pictures up yet but I will get there.

Hated to come home; however, just got back on Monday and stepped off the plane and right back into work....fires were just waiting for me!

Its' already been a long week and I cant wait to get back to NH!

Our week stay was perfect, the colors were explosive and I traveled some of the most scenic routes I have ever driven. The kanc was amazing and while traveling along Bear Notch Road across to the 302, I found a few trailes to turn off and explore all to myself. Collected many leaves. The hills looked like someone spilled a box of Froot Loops all over them.

The first part of the week, before the holiday, was perfect; however Columbus day weekend I could not believe the traffic. It was almost funny how EVERYONE In New England seemed to come to North Conway on the same day.

We did so much this week it would take to long to list, hiking, land looking, gondola rides, Wildcat Zip-Line, apple picking, corn mazes, pumpkin patches, different restaurants everyday....whew. My kind of place.

Cant wait to back in December........and hear about Suzett's experiences.

Stay tuned for some pictures and maybe some video. I put my 73 year old mother-in-law n the zip-line......she loved it.

Captjob

Old 10-15-2008, 04:21 PM

2,257 posts, read 8,169,984 times
Wow Captjob, it sounds like you guys had a fantastic time. That's wonderful. Can't wait to see your photos!

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 PM

586 posts, read 1,506,081 times
We are definitely past peak now in the Sunapee area - colors are still there, but fading, and there was a HUGE difference in leaf drop between Tuesday and today because of the wind and rain yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire