Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 PM

259 posts, read 988,414 times

Advertisements

Here's a link to the Keene Pumpkin festival + video from last year; don'tmiss it;

YouTube - Keene Pumpkin Festival

the official site with this year's date
Pumpkin Festival, Keene, New Hampshire

See you the rest of you spooks there. Don't forget Salem Mass. too. The Peabody Museum is a wonderful destination if you can spend the day. It's my second favorite museum next to Boston's museum of fine arts.
Peabody essex museum/Salem [ lots of magnificent trade goods from the mid 1850's from the sailing ships to the Orient + sailing ships artifacts] theres lots of other disractions there as well.
http://pem.org/homepage/index.php; (broken link))
Boston's Museum of fine arts;
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston: Home (http://www.mfa.org/index.asp - broken link)
Both are accessible via public transportation for when the weather really gets sloppy. you can take the Northeaster from Durham or Exeter to North Station@ the old Boston Garden + then "The "T" from there

Last edited by Yankeehombre; 09-29-2008 at 12:51 PM.. Reason: fat-fingered typing mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 02:50 PM

122 posts, read 313,366 times
Default I will be there!

I am so excited about being able to be there for the Pumpkin Festival this year! I, (living in So. Florida) have planned a long weekend trip to visit my daughter (Northampton, Mass) during that very weekend, and we will definitely be there! My daughter and son in law used to live in Keene, and we will all be moving back there in the near future.
Being from So. Fla., my favorite things about the Pumpkin Festival are:
1) The pumpkins don't rot in the sun!
2) You can actually wear a sweater or jacket at the end of Oct. and not sweat!
3) The yummy food vendors along Main St. (pumpkin soup at Luca's).
4) The cute craft show down the side streets
5) The adorable kids in their costumes, parading down Main St.
6) Seeing the creative pumpkin carving displayed
7) The festive feel during Friday night and Saturday
8) The lighting of the pumpkins
9) Watching the scaffolding go up
10) Being with my daughter, of course!

This is a very cool thing! I can hardly wait!
Nancie

Old 10-01-2008, 02:19 PM

70 posts, read 385,627 times
I've been hearing about this... i think since this i've only been in the area since september 1st i should go n check this out

Old 10-06-2008, 08:06 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
you won't be disappointed - last year there were 10,000 lit up carved pumpkins...

it's hard to imagine

Old 10-06-2008, 11:50 AM

63 posts, read 132,551 times
The leaves in the town square were just beginning to change this past weekend, so there was cool stuff to view even then, without the pumpkins. It's a great event. Carve your pumpkin and add it to the pile! :-)

Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 PM

105 posts, read 357,920 times
Last year's count of lit pumpkins: 2007 Pumpkin Festival 25,644 Most of the local area elementary schools carve pumpkins and they get to put them at the head of Main Street near the gazebo. It really is awesome to see the very inventive carvings on some of the pumpkins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire