Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 06:01 PM

164 posts, read 200,067 times

Advertisements

I'm living in Pa and I just want to shoot myself. I was born and raised in Worcester, Ma for most of my life. Now I know what you New Hampshirites are thinking. "This Ma-hole is gonna pollute our state so we'll tell them how bad new hampshire is so they won't move there!".

I know we suck at driving, and we love to cross your borders to get alcohol on sundays and fireworks for the weekend. Get over it. I just want some information about it. I'm moving to the Manchester or Nashua or Concord area this summer.

Tell me anything I need to know, positive and negative. Are there alot of gun toting republicans up there? Because I'm cool with that. I just don't like Bush lovers. I need to know everything. I don't like alot of senior citizens getting in my way like here in Pittsylvania. I also don't care about how mean the people are. Hell, I'm not a people person myself. And don't lie to me and say the people are nice. I've been around the block to know that most of 'em ain't.

I should have found something like this before moving to PA. I've already heard alot of bad things about this state. I don't care about cold and snow. I LOVE SNOW! I know that several of you guys want to pass legislation to change the motto to "Live, freeze, and die", which is hilarious.

Any info would be cool.

Thanks!

Old 02-17-2007, 06:27 PM

66 posts, read 297,940 times
Well, I hate to disappoint you, but NH people happen to be very nice. They are courteous driver's who tend to not be rushing to get where they are going, so they have time to let you into their lane with a friendly wave. They take the time to talk to you in the grocery store and when you ask for help, they freely give it. I don't know what exactly you mean by being tired of the elderly in PA, but there are plenty of white haired citizens of NH who have paid their dues and are worthy of our respect, kindness and patience. NH is also a beautiful state with all of the outdoor recreational activities one could hope to do within driving distance. It also has one of the most active local town governments in the country really giving voice to every citizen, if they want to participate.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:02 AM

33 posts, read 177,480 times
NH has the friendliest people in the country.
The drivers are a reflection of their personalities-courteous and polite.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:50 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,096,716 times
I was born and lived in N.H. for 19 years (in FL now) and heck all those Massachusettes and Maine people kept our economy going especially during the foliage seasons. I think outsiders were very welcomed to N.H. when i was there. I live in FL and am considering a move to TN only because it's too cold in N.H. to go all the way back north but my family is still there so i visit. South N.H. is the place to be if you need work because anything north of the mountains (Mt. Washington) has nothing but rural country life to offer with no jobs.

Old 02-19-2007, 03:37 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtm84 View Post
I know we suck at driving, and we love to cross your borders to get alcohol on sundays and fireworks for the weekend. Get over it. I just want some information about it. I'm moving to the Manchester or Nashua or Concord area this summer.

Tell me anything I need to know, positive and negative. Are there alot of gun toting republicans up there? Because I'm cool with that. I just don't like Bush lovers. I need to know everything. I don't like alot of senior citizens getting in my way like here in Pittsylvania. I also don't care about how mean the people are. Hell, I'm not a people person myself. And don't lie to me and say the people are nice. I've been around the block to know that most of 'em ain't.
Geez, Mechtm84, it's not that bad! Sure, you can find nasty people just about anywhere, but for the most part NH has very friendly people. and the drivers, especially compared to MD, are calm and mostly decent drivers.

The places you're talking about moving to are also the cities, so any time you compare city with rural it's going to be a different kettle of fish. Yes, you'll have more nasty people than otherwise, yes, you'll have higher drugs and crime than in the towns. But I still think the cities up there are better than the ones down here. I grew up next to Nashua, it was a city: it has good areas and bad areas - mostly it has a lot of people and everything that goes along with that. I guess as cities go, Concord's not bad. It didn't have as much 'city' feel to it as Baltimore or Philly (it's also a lot smaller!).

I think the main thing you may need to look at is attitude. Your post really came across to me as if you had a bit of 'in your face' hostility. Whether you do or not... if you move up with that outlook, you'll find people melting away, and they wont' be that friendly. You don't have to be a people-person to be polite.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefort View Post
and heck all those Massachusettes and Maine people kept our economy going especially during the foliage seasons.
You're welcome
Quote:
South N.H. is the place to be if you need work because anything north of the mountains (Mt. Washington) has nothing but rural country life to offer with no jobs.
Yeah, I figured that. What about wages, prices, etc? COL index high, low?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome
The places you're talking about moving to are also the cities, so any time you compare city with rural it's going to be a different kettle of fish. Yes, you'll have more nasty people than otherwise, yes, you'll have higher drugs and crime than in the towns. But I still think the cities up there are better than the ones down here. I grew up next to Nashua, it was a city: it has good areas and bad areas - mostly it has a lot of people and everything that goes along with that. I guess as cities go, Concord's not bad. It didn't have as much 'city' feel to it as Baltimore or Philly (it's also a lot smaller!).
People in the burbs are usually stuck up too. They have bad customer service too.
Quote:
I think the main thing you may need to look at is attitude. Your post really came across to me as if you had a bit of 'in your face' hostility. Whether you do or not... if you move up with that outlook, you'll find people melting away, and they wont' be that friendly. You don't have to be a people-person to be polite.
Yo, what are you talking about? I didn't come on here to get a lecture. I came here for info, not a lesson on politeness. I did my homework in that Dept. already. It's called childhood, growing up, respecting elders, and all that other BS. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine

Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM

I need some more info besides how nice the dam people are...

wat about $$$$ and wages wise???

Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtm84 View Post
I need some more info besides how nice the dam people are...

wat about $$$$ and wages wise???
What do you do for work? What do you do for fun? We need more info from you as well. Cost of living, Your in the north east it is High.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
What do you do for work? What do you do for fun? We need more info from you as well. Cost of living, Your in the north east it is High.
you ain't getting more than what yuo saw in that first post. Any more personal info is detrimental to my privacy. I'm talking about wages in general. How are taxes and cost of food? I heard NH is cheap in terms of COL is that true? I like to party and chase girls duh wat do u think?

Old 02-22-2007, 04:01 PM

37 posts, read 156,572 times
I think you should try Washington DC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire