Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 AM

452 posts, read 1,720,380 times

Advertisements

For those of you who who haven't seen the conditions, here is a New Hampshire Electrical Co-op outage map and a WMUR video clip of what the area has been going through. Remember, the map is only for Co-op customers and not all power supplying utilitie companies.

New Hampshire Electric Co-op Outage Map

http://www.wmur.com/video/18268252/index.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:10 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,282,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthibodeau View Post
For those of you who who haven't seen the conditions, here is a New Hampshire Electrical Co-op outage map and a WMUR video clip of what the area has been going through. Remember, the map is only for Co-op customers and not all power supplying utilitie companies.

New Hampshire Electric Co-op Outage Map

Video (http://www.wmur.com/video/18268252/index.html - broken link)

thanks for showing us a map of the effected areas...

Old 12-14-2008, 04:07 PM

215 posts, read 582,035 times
We didn't get the ice as much as down below the notches did but we did get some . We didn't lose power but we were prepared. The generator was all ready and the wood shed is stocked. Thanks for asking LACarole and Dare To Dream .

Old 12-14-2008, 05:25 PM

26,380 posts, read 46,282,142 times
I guess we still don't know which counties or towns were hit the hardest from this ice storm. My guess from the pictures that I have seen are Hillsborough, interior Rockingham, and Cheshire counties.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,157,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebrook View Post
We didn't get the ice as much as down below the notches did but we did get some . We didn't lose power but we were prepared. The generator was all ready and the wood shed is stocked. Thanks for asking LACarole and Dare To Dream .
Hey Colebrook! Of course we were asking - you're part of our extended family! Glad to hear all is well!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:52 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,157,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I guess we still don't know which counties or towns were hit the hardest from this ice storm. My guess from the pictures that I have seen are Hillsborough, interior Rockingham, and Cheshire counties.
I have no idea what counties Lisa or NicoleM are in, but I haven't "seen" Lisa from the storm and had one message that they expected to be out of power for awhile....I *think* Nicole popped in at some point, but not since...not sure if that means they are busy or their power went out again....and Valerie C, in Londonderry hasn't been around (again, I don't know what county that is), so I suspect she's still without power.....

By tomorrow we'll probably be able to guess by who hasn't posted since the storm

Old 12-14-2008, 06:09 PM

26,380 posts, read 46,282,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I have no idea what counties Lisa or NicoleM are in, but I haven't "seen" Lisa from the storm and had one message that they expected to be out of power for awhile....I *think* Nicole popped in at some point, but not since...not sure if that means they are busy or their power went out again....and Valerie C, in Londonderry hasn't been around (again, I don't know what county that is), so I suspect she's still without power.....

By tomorrow we'll probably be able to guess by who hasn't posted since the storm

I just checked the outage map, and it shows less than 10,000 outages currently in NH. No data was available for Hillsborough County- where Manchester and Nashua are located. Londonderry is in Rockingham county and the Lakes Region encompasses Belknap and Carroll counties.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,902,479 times
Thumbs up checking in from Londonderry...

Wow I'm back in "civilization" with an internet connection Much of Londonderry has been restored, unfortunately our neighborhood is still in semi-darkness. The roar of generators (ours included) can be heard as I took the dog for a walk and to check in on people. We have limited power, water & heat, plus a couple of lights and the TV. No stove or microwave but the basics are covered. We've had people here each day/night who don't have power at home, and cooked on the grill for dinner. At least it's not terribly cold outside. A couple of years ago we had a similar storm and lost power for 3 or 4 days, then the temps plunged into single digits, resulting in lots of people with burst pipes, heating system freeze damage, etc. As of yesterday afternoon there were still several roads closed due to a HUGE amount of trees down throughout Derry/Londonderry/Windham/Pelham/Hudson. Hope people are staying warm and safe...

Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,992,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I have no idea what counties Lisa or NicoleM are in, but I haven't "seen" Lisa from the storm
I think Nicole is up in Berlin, isn't she? Lisa, BF & NH2008 I believe are all in the same town - and out of power. When talking with my dad this morning, they were still out and expected to be out for a few days more. My sister and family were en route from Maine to visit a bit and bringing a second generator over (my folks have one, but they can either run the fridge or the microwave, but they can't keep food cold and cook meals both. I think they're eating out a lot (mind you, they could just leave stuff covered in the mudroom and it will be plenty refrigerated!)

Old 12-14-2008, 06:41 PM

70 posts, read 384,769 times
i'm going back to NH tomorrow from class n will have to spend the nite in my apartment so will know how stoddard's doing... i'm HOPING for power... but i'm not holding my breath. worse case scenario there's no power and i'm there overnite n then off for my winter break travels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire