Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 09:16 PM

30 posts, read 93,224 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, Im looking at going to Dartmouth and have been searching several apartment search websites for apartments/houses for rent in Hanover but I havent found anything. And I mean.....anything! Does anyone have any suggestions for places in the area. I currently live in southern Illinois so Im about a 24 hour drive away so I cant readily go and visit to scope out the area. Anything would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,953,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salukigirl View Post
Hey guys, Im looking at going to Dartmouth and have been searching several apartment search websites for apartments/houses for rent in Hanover but I havent found anything. And I mean.....anything! Does anyone have any suggestions for places in the area. I currently live in southern Illinois so Im about a 24 hour drive away so I cant readily go and visit to scope out the area. Anything would be helpful
I think you would probably have a better chance renting a room or part of a house a little bit North of Hanover, as the North part of Hanover is where the Medical Center is an about 10 miles north of that there appears to be several town home or appartment developments.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:42 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,047,716 times
You also might want to contact Dartmouth directly...they probably have a list of places students normally rent at.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:46 PM

3,457 posts, read 10,221,296 times
Are dormitories an option for you? If not, you may need to expand your search about. Look in West Lebanon or Lebanon, NH or White River Junction, VT (assuming you'll have a car?).
Dartmouth is a great school and Hanover a fun town...good luck!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM

30 posts, read 93,224 times
yes I have a car. Ill be a grad student so dorms arent an option. And typically grad housing doesnt allow pets, which I have. So I was hoping to find an apartment or even a house for rent instead of something on campus. Ive grown accustomed to living without all the campus rules lol

Thanks guys.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:52 PM

4 posts, read 11,868 times
There are different apt buildings that often have availibility depending on your budget. Emerson place (866-668-1469) is very nice, starting at $1425 a month. Or Meadow Brook Apts(603-298-5610) for around $700-900 a month. Purcell properties owns a lot of buildings 603-448-1335. Moseley Assoc. 802-296-2600. just a few names!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:53 PM

4 posts, read 11,868 times
and always, dartmouth.edu they have rentel housing.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,011,704 times
My complex is only about 10 minutes from Dartmouth and there is a bus.
However, you will be locked into a lease of at least a year unless you negotiate with them (they seem desperate right now).

Old 02-16-2009, 05:22 PM

1 posts, read 4,163 times
Hi--you might want to try the Upper Valley Rental list (http://www.dartmouthre.com/dweb/resi...view_index.php), or there's a link of the grad council webpage that lists some rentals, usually shared with other grad students. (Housing Listings)

Most graduate students here do share (I'm a grad student in MCB, and I share with a post-doc in Physio). I live in Emerson Place, which is pretty expensive, but nice (has washer/dryer, AC, and an elevator, and has the benefit of a nice website, so you can at least get more info. (www.emersonplaceapts.com). There's also Stone Farm (Home - Stone Farm Apartments), which is right by the hospital and pretty nice. There are some places in VT, too (Oak Knoll comes to mind, but they don't have a website). Lots of people live in Norwich, Wilder, and White River Junction (those are probably the 3 closest/easy drive VT towns) but keep in mind that if you live in Vermont, you have to pay state income taxes (there's none in NH).

Hope that helps!
Lacy

PS--sorry if the links look really weird... for some reason anything I put in there gets parsed all wrong. In any case, they should be google-able.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire