Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM

14 posts, read 42,150 times

Advertisements

So after a day of searching with information provided by you guys we have narrowed our search down to purchasing a townhouse (instead of renting an apartment) in Merrimack. Can anyone tell me about this town, specifically interests are shopping, dining, attractions, entertainment, sports for the kids, parks, etc...

Thank you so much for any help.

Last edited by Prevarications; 01-16-2009 at 09:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM

571 posts, read 1,318,438 times
Merrimack is split by the Everett turnpike ( Rte.3) and there aren't many roads that cross it. It has a good location between Manchester and Nashua, is not in the papers for crime very much if at all. Several of my Co-workers live in Merrimack and I've never heard them complain.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Kids? While the Merrimack school system is OK, other towns in the area have better schools - Hollis, Bedford, Amherst.....

Old 01-16-2009, 11:34 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
Merrimack seems to have a lot of restaurants though! The Lobster Boat is there, I think Yo Mama's is there, and there's some Chinese place my parents also like. They seem to eat in Merrimack a lot (if they aren't going to Hollis' own diner).

Old 01-16-2009, 11:57 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Merrimack seems to have a lot of restaurants though! The Lobster Boat is there, I think Yo Mama's is there, and there's some Chinese place my parents also like. They seem to eat in Merrimack a lot (if they aren't going to Hollis' own diner).
Yo Mama's just closed down, Wanna.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:10 PM

680 posts, read 2,440,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I was just about to say that, too! The only dim sum place in NH is in Merrimack for some reason. We're planning to try it this weekend.

South Garden offers good selection of authentic Dim Sum

There's also a Busch factory and every time we drive by my kids ask if we can tour it.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2008 View Post
I was just about to say that, too! The only dim sum place in NH is in Merrimack for some reason. We're planning to try it this weekend.

South Garden offers good selection of authentic Dim Sum

There's also a Busch factory and every time we drive by my kids ask if we can tour it.
You should wait to go on the tour until the warm weather. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful. It is a nice walk from the brewery to the stables and the flowers are absolutely gorgeous. They no longer have the dalmations there but they do have some of the horses. If you do bring the kids, I am not sure that they are allowed in the bar after wards or not- I cannot remember. When you go on the tour, afterwards you are invited to the bar and allowed two glasses of any of the beer on tap for free. Now that I think about it, they do provide unlimited soda so maybe kids are allowed.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:31 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
Quote:
wow. that's a shame. it was very good food - way too much on a plate, but very tasty.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:52 PM

680 posts, read 2,440,579 times
Quote:
[/b]You should wait to go on the tour until the warm weather. The landscaping is absolutely beautiful. It is a nice walk from the brewery to the stables and the flowers are absolutely gorgeous. They no longer have the dalmations there but they do have some of the horses. If you do bring the kids, I am not sure that they are allowed in the bar after wards or not- I cannot remember. When you go on the tour, afterwards you are invited to the bar and allowed two glasses of any of the beer on tap for free. Now that I think about it, they do provide unlimited soda so maybe kids are allowed.
nice! Thanks for the tip!

Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
The Busch brewery in Merrimack hosts a few car events in the summer. The Gate City Corvette Club has its show there as well as a hot rod show. Check it out in the summer. Hundreds and hundreds of cars...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire