Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times

Advertisements

First of all it is not "ME AND MY FAMILY"...it is "My family and I" if you are referring to intelligent, lets get it straight.

There are intelligent people EVERYWHERE and for you to even insinuate that the people in your area are dumb and dirty is definitely "hoity toity" not "tooty" or whatever you said. Time for a wake up call here. Not everyone you meet during your lifetime will live up to your expectations nor will they act, dress, speak or live how YOU think they should. This is called having some tolerance for the people around you. If you were in the position of being in a restaurant where the waiter or waitress has dirty hands...either tell the manager or get off your duff and leave. No one can fix an uncomfortable situation for you...so learn how to tactfully step off and do what is best for you without insulting anyone.

In all reality...the folks in New Hampshire will eat you alive. They are pretty down home, family oriented nice country folk for the most part with no room for someone who assumes they could be "dumb".

Old 03-01-2009, 08:28 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
It is like anywhere else. Plenty of people are as dumb as a box of rocks and plenty of people are not.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:03 PM

105 posts, read 208,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
In all reality...the folks in New Hampshire will eat you alive. They are pretty down home, family oriented nice country folk for the most part with no room for someone who assumes they could be "dumb".
I agree with your post, but I'd say that the majority of people in NH would not consider themselves "country folk".

Old 03-01-2009, 05:45 PM

587 posts, read 1,624,558 times
Default Amen!!

Quote:
First of all it is not "ME AND MY FAMILY"...it is "My family and I" if you are referring to intelligent, lets get it straight.

There are intelligent people EVERYWHERE and for you to even insinuate that the people in your area are dumb and dirty is definitely "hoity toity" not "tooty" or whatever you said. Time for a wake up call here. Not everyone you meet during your lifetime will live up to your expectations nor will they act, dress, speak or live how YOU think they should. This is called having some tolerance for the people around you. If you were in the position of being in a restaurant where the waiter or waitress has dirty hands...either tell the manager or get off your duff and leave. No one can fix an uncomfortable situation for you...so learn how to tactfully step off and do what is best for you without insulting anyone.

Amen Pam! I agree with everything you've said. I've lived several different places, including North Texas, where I live right now. What I've learned is that people everywhere are more the same than they are different. Tolerance and embracing differences is one of the keys to living a happy and fulfilled life.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
Quote:

If you could spank someone online this is what it would look like

Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,144,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
If you could spank someone online this is what it would look like
- crikey that made me laugh

Old 03-07-2009, 05:38 AM

497 posts, read 952,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abozarth View Post

So, my question is. Are people in New Hampshire intelligent, courteous and hygienic? or, are they somewhat dim, unhygienic and not in any sort of a hurry like they are here near Oklahoma?

I am not trying to be rude. That is just the way it is here. Call a spade a spade.
You nailed it. We are angry, ugly and down right mean.
Ignorant folk with no use of the vernacular, and we wander round the countryside making pejorative comments at the residents and visitors we encounter. I've seen some residents sitting in the ditches in spring, harvesting the cheese from their toes....
After the harvest, they wander thru the wood, cussing and arguing with the trees as to who has the louder bark...
Also, we've been known to drive slow, that way we can run over anything in our way...

OK, kidding aside.

I moved to this state due to the friendly, caring people, the beauty of the area, and the great experiences I've had visiting here.
I love this state, and area where I live.

Respectfully, what the heck kinda question is that?

Last edited by NewNHguy; 03-07-2009 at 06:05 AM..

Old 03-12-2009, 07:12 PM

148 posts, read 389,175 times
Just came back from visiting your beautiful state of NH. Looking at property to buy so I can move there. I have to say that I did not find one rude person. Everyone was very nice even (dare I say) the people in Mass.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDreamer View Post
Just came back from visiting your beautiful state of NH. Looking at property to buy so I can move there. I have to say that I did not find one rude person. Everyone was very nice even (dare I say) the people in Mass.
Which area of NH have you liked the best?

Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 PM

148 posts, read 389,175 times
I liked the area around New Boston and Francestown. I need to be within a reasonable distance of an area where I can find a part time job so I can't get to rural. I haven't made a decision yet. Will look a little more but putting my house up for sale here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire