Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times

Advertisements

Hehe lukedaddy, small world! Could be worse though, at least you are not moving to the Atlanta suburbs! (I hated it there!) I wish it would have snowed here, we had not one flake and I miss the snow sooo much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 10:54 AM

275 posts, read 1,288,464 times
We of course have had lots of snow here in the Monadnock region, and I actually WILL miss it. Contrary to what everyone told me (from both North and South) that I would hate the snow and freeze various parts of my body off......I have not hated it, and all parts are still intact! I guess it's a perfect example of seeking others opinions and advice, but ultimately making your own decision!

Old 03-06-2009, 02:37 PM

880 posts, read 2,861,026 times
True, and what you loose in cold temps and snow in NH you gain in severe thunderstorms, tornado's, and freezing rain in GA!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:13 PM

587 posts, read 1,624,558 times
Lukedaddy - I was following your progress since we were thinking of moving from Dallas and I was interested to see how you made it through the winter! Sorry you are leaving so soon. I'm glad you got a chance to experience NH - hopefully we will too some day, though it is looking like it may be for vacations and not as a place to live. Best of luck with your move back to GA and hopefully you and your family will be able to return someday!

Old 03-08-2009, 05:25 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Awww LukeDaddy, sorry to hear that you're leaving us so soon but certainly understand that you need to be where you can best take care of the family. It's nice to hear of a southern man who enjoyed our winter--this one certainly wasn't an easy one, and it's a testament to your character that we didn't read any complaining posts that NH didn't do things the way they did back home, etc. Hopefully things will improve over the next several months and your family will make it back here, for good this time I sure do wish you had been able to be here for summer (spring is a buggy, rainy and muddy mess, definitely not New Hampshire's best time! I actually prefer winter to mid-spring!)

Old 03-24-2009, 04:41 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
Lukedaddy -

On the plus side, you should be able to get a killer deal on a house, if you're going to buy. A lot of the new developments around Evans and Grovetown are sitting empty.

Being from New England and living in Augusta last year, I was kind of following your journey. Sorry NH didn't work out for you. I hope things pick up for you back in GA.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:51 PM

257 posts, read 619,136 times
How about holding up in the seacoast area--at least for a few months. There are still plenty of entry level jobs available for folks, and Hampton Beach is about to open up. You might have to accept a couple of dull, part time jobs to get your foot in the door, but you'll be able to stay a while longer--even enjoy the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire