Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 04:28 PM

5 posts, read 17,895 times

Advertisements

Been reading this board the past couple days and finding it very educational! LOL! : )

My husband and I are looking to move from Seattle to NH hopefully in the next couple of years. We'll be going to visit for a week this Fall to check out some places we might possibly want to live. Been thinking about Warner since we loved it when visiting in '04. Attended their Fall Leaf Festival and it was so nice! Loved the family oriented vibe we got from it.

Did a search over the board here and saw that there was no info on Warner listed. Anyone living there or familiar with the town? Thoughts?

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2007, 03:48 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,366 times
The fall Foliage festival. Went to that as a kid. The town It self is pretty politically active. As alot of Governors and such have came from that area or Have homes in that area. The mind set is Mostly conservative With taxes and Libertarian in Opinion. Houses are priced High but worth it if you can afford it. Alot of Good hunting in that area as well. The people are very outdoorsy but not hippie at all. Hunt hike fish etc. They are all friendly as well.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:01 PM

5 posts, read 17,895 times
nhyrnut- Interesting to know about the Govenors. Libertarian in opinion, will have to look more into this Libertarian thing.
Are the houses more expensive in that area than others?

Hunting! LOL! It's so nice to hear that people hunt and aren't afraid to say that they do! Nice to hear about the outdoorsy minus the hippy thing. People were VERY freindly when we went to the Fall Fest in '04 and I just couldn't get over it! Very refreshing!

Thank you for the reply! : )

Old 03-31-2007, 07:14 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,366 times
Yes homes are a little more. But the Taxes in that area are lower. you will find that in NH where you find higher value homes the property taxes are lower. You still pay about the same but get more bang for your buck.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 PM

6 posts, read 20,837 times
Default warner nh

Hello there.
Read your post and here is a link that might help. I am the editor/publisher of Warner's local newspaper. It is a volunteer effort. My way of giving back to the town. Being a transplant from NYC, I can truly say that I made a great choice in a place to live. Please feel free to e-mail me. E-mail address is on the second page of the paper. Enjoy it. SCROLLING TEXT

Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 AM

951 posts, read 1,654,765 times
I like Warner. It's a neat town with some cool shops on main street. I liked the Indian Museum as well. It's still on my short list of places to look. Its convenient to the highway and the Kearsarge school system looks to be a decent one. They have some services, grocery etc., but it's still mostly rural. It's proximity to Concord is a real plus.

Thanks for the link NYC2Warner. I'll peruse it from time to time. It always helps to know what goes on in town!

Old 11-17-2007, 07:07 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,007 times
Warner is a great town. I was born here at our family home on Maine street and have lived here most of my adult life.
I can't think of any Governors who lived here but Gov. Lynch lives in neighboring Hopkinton. There were several Senators in the Chandler family who lived here.
Great time to buy right now plenty of houses in inventory and there not moving like they were a year or 2 ago.
Warner used to be a poorer rural town but now is infested with implants from MA, CT, NY, RI etc that brought with them "big city ideas". Our property tax rate is fairly high.
I not trying to sound negative just matter of fact. Warner is beautiful! But the Warner of days passed was a blue collar/ farming community. Now we are a bedroom community of mostly professionals. Gone are the days of good old hard working, self sufficient, blue blooded Yankees. With most of the decent farm land developed and taxes at an all time high, we've decided to head to Maine to pursue our "Live free or die" lifestyle.

Last edited by bignhfamily; 11-17-2007 at 07:33 AM..

Old 11-17-2007, 08:11 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times
Warner is popular with legislators, politicians and law makers because it is so close to Concord making it an easy commute.

Last summer, one of the residents was arrested for a murder that happened 20 years ago and had been covered up. Evidently a lot of people knew what had happened, but felt the murder was justified. It was suggested that the victim was a pedophile. Someone sent an anonymous letter to the media and brought the matter to be investigated resulting in the arrest.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Too bad. My anarchist is showing.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:45 PM

6 posts, read 20,837 times
Default About Warner

I am sorry, but the link to my paper is no longer valid, since Geocities shut down. The new link to Warner's New Paper is WARNER'S NEW PAPER. Warner is a wonderful town. But as we find in any community in these United Stated, the people are complacent or maybe I am just a rebel. In any case, do not hesitate to send me questions or comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire