Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 01:01 PM

385 posts, read 1,260,401 times

Advertisements

I had a septic for four years and never pumped it. That's the quick fix for one that doesn't work properly, but is only a Bandaid solution--realtors love it. 1) don't drain your washing machine into it--that is grey water and can be used in garden, etc..2) It won't "work" after it is pumped until it is filled above the ballast anyway. It should definitley not be coming out the top. 3) toilets should flush as they would on a sewer. 4) a little digging on your own can save you thousands.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 08:28 PM

18 posts, read 92,988 times
Since the town health inspector has already told me the system has failed... Is it possibly for another septic company to come in and inspect it...and for it to pass after they pump it ???

Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,136,422 times
the septic people can say anything they want - it's the health inspectors opinion that matters and that is not going to change just because the tank was pumped.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM

18 posts, read 92,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
the septic people can say anything they want - it's the health inspectors opinion that matters and that is not going to change just because the tank was pumped.
ok thats what I thought. I'll talk with the real estate agent today to see whats goin on. thanks

Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 AM

315 posts, read 1,088,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
sounds like there is no bed zoran.....only a small tank.

where is "out here"????
I would deduct the cost of installing a proper septic bed in your offer. Make your offer dependent on the seller accepting this, if they go for it without hassling you'll know they have problems and want out and they'll also know you are a wise buyer. A holding tank is asking for problems down the line.

buck naked "out here" is where the igloos never melt....

Old 05-20-2009, 01:45 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,136,422 times
sounds too cold for me zoran - New England is cold enough. chuckle

it's great to get the cost of a new bed taken off the price, HOWEVER, make sure you have ROOM to install a leach bed and that it's legal on that .6 acre next to waterfront - it won't make anyone happy to have the money to put one in, but still not be able to and it would suck to have to pump the tank every other month just to keep it working

the only reason I bring it up, is I have a friend that had a similar situation and a leaching bed was not allowed per some regulation or other - he ended up with outhouses....not fun.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:15 AM

4 posts, read 11,413 times
possible buying a house with a crushed pipe with septic tank/Anything to worry about far as drain fields ruin?very scary situation.I saw a exbuyer inspection and notice the quote on crused pipeThis person backed out on deal.!!.the house is real cheap?could it be it need a whole new septic system?I have put a desposit on house.I come from a arena where we do not use septic tanks.Could I be misin formed by realtor????I also noticed a lot of big trees on property could the roots have destroy pipe??I don't know if I want to spend the money and do my own inspection since what I know alreadY.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:20 AM

[quote=lsansone;16558858]possible buying a house with a crushed pipe with septic tank/Anything to worry about far as drain fields ruin?very scary situation.I saw a exbuyer inspection and notice the quote on crused pipeThis person backed out on deal.!!.the house is real cheap?could it be it need a whole new septic system?I have put a desposit on house.I come from a arena where we do not use septic tanks.Could I be misin formed by realtor????I also noticed a lot of big trees on property could the roots have destroy pipe??I don't know if I want to spend the money and do my own inspection since what I know alreadY.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:32 AM

88 posts, read 189,797 times
Default Big $$$$

[quote=lsansone;16558865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsansone View Post
possible buying a house with a crushed pipe with septic tank/Anything to worry about far as drain fields ruin?very scary situation.I saw a exbuyer inspection and notice the quote on crused pipeThis person backed out on deal.!!.the house is real cheap?could it be it need a whole new septic system?I have put a desposit on house.I come from a arena where we do not use septic tanks.Could I be misin formed by realtor????I also noticed a lot of big trees on property could the roots have destroy pipe??I don't know if I want to spend the money and do my own inspection since what I know alreadY.
I just went through this - cost to rebuild the system over $10000. The reason the house is so cheap is you maybe required to put in a septic system costing 10 to 20k. Your personal inspection doesn't mean squat. The town or county health department is the only inspection that matters because if your system fails their inspection all you can do is have the system rebuilt. You will need a perk test, and a reputable septic company to install it with a permit from the health department. I had to have my septic leech field inspected and replaced and after the perk test (including a county inspection) there were three more inspections prior to the county issuing the certificate. Don't fall for the quick fix answers to septic problems. That only puts a band aid on a big ticket item. The guy that walked away from this probably knows all of this and knew what it would cost. And whatever estimates you get add 50% at least because other problems could show up that require repair or replacement before you have a properly operating system.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:50 AM

ok i had my own inspection,they found the diverter valave broken{nothing to fix}Distrribution box #1 is deteorated and is need of replacement.Both leach fields need to have water jetted sucked out with pump truck.That's it so lets see if seller fixes problem or take it off price of house.thanks all for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire