Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 06:48 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,595,248 times

Advertisements

Or better yet, here you go:

"What do I do if I have some of the symptoms of TB or think I might have been exposed to TB?

Contact your health care provider as soon as possible if you have symptoms of TB.
Contact the New Hampshire TB Program at 603-271-4469 if you think you might have been exposed to someone with TB. New Hampshire public health law requires that suspect cases of TB and latent TB infection be reported to the State TB Program. These are two of over 50 diseases required by public health law to be reported to the Division of Public Health Services."

Call this number. ^
These guys will give you a free TB test, and then you'll have the results on paper, and there you go. There's your test result, go do your internship.

Just tell them that, you know... that two months ago, you rode on the bus next to an old man who was hacking and coughing all over you, and told you he had TB.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 07:15 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,071,921 times
I believe he's looking for a truthful way of getting a TB test, not lying to take advantage of a program for people who might actually have TB to protect the rest of us.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:49 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,595,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF66389 View Post
I believe he's looking for a truthful way of getting a TB test, not lying to take advantage of a program for people who might actually have TB to protect the rest of us.

He's uninsured and is looking for a low to no cost TB test.
I seem to be the only poster with practical advice.
Probably comes from having been uninsured myself for so long.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,183,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXC9900 View Post
I'm currently w/o health insurance and need to get a TB test for an upcoming internship. Does anyone know where I can get one for low to no cost? I tried googling but came up empty handed
Did you ask the place where you'll be doing the internship if they have anything that's connected with Occupational Health or a clinic that might be able to do the test? They may be able to give you some ideas on where to get the test at low to no cost?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM

70 posts, read 385,935 times
SHE is looking for the best way to get a TB test and while I would prefer not to take advantage of the system I am a grad student, unemployed, and uninsured so I can't afford to pay $60... i know that does not seem like a lot of money to some but that's 2 weeks of groceries that I would then not be able to buy... silly me wanting to eat!

I am willing to pay something just it needs to be something i can afford...

My internship is no help locating a place to get it done... other than to tell me to get it done... i don't get compensation for the internship other than they paid for my background check... and we were supposed to get free lunch n coffee but thanks to the economy that's been revoked so i now get nothin... LOLOL

Old 05-21-2009, 07:41 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,071,921 times
Oh, I understand and sorry for the "he". I just think there are ways to find it free/cheap.

If I run a quick google search I've found it listed for between $10-$40...with most sub-$20. I would call the NH TB program as Jane explained; but just ask how much it would cost for a TB test to check for your exposure- rather than making up a story about sitting next to a guy with TB (and below is why). If they say they don't do it...they should be able to refer you to someone who does.

See- if you say you sat next to a guy who had TB you might create a problem...the TB folks NOW think there is some guy running around coughing knowingly having TB on public transit, they'd ask you a lot of questions and try to track him down as well to protect others...etc

I also get not being able to pay $60...been there; I bet you'll find it for $15-$20 which the realistic costs of the test.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:44 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,148,457 times
I seem to be the only poster with practical advice.

that same advice was given by me in post #3, except I didn't tell the OP to lie about the situation.They give free tests to eligible patients, and the poster sounds eligible.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM

don't worry i'm not gonna lie about direct exposure... i can tell the truth... i went to a concert and was packed in like sardine and i'm concerned i may have been exposed... idk lol there's lots of truthful things i can say... first i'm just going to call and ask if they do it to check, how much, and how long... and if they can reccomend in my area...

i'm an ethical human being who understands the ramifications of making up **** about TB lol

Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 AM

i heart health clinics... i called that avis place n they quoted me $17... excellent i'll do it... well u can't though unless your a patient... so sorry... but maybe try our rochester location... doh!

Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,157 times
Default don't do THAT!

If you use the State of NH to be tested, and tell them you've been exposed, you will be logged as a potential exposure risk. You'll be on a list for the rest of your life.
It's been my experience that you do not want to be listed with the the government if you don't have to. Go to a clinic in one of the bigger cities like MHT or Concord where you pay on a sliding scale based on your ability to pay. The fee is likely to be around $10 to $15.
Remember, this may be a hassle now, but if it's going towards your future professional life, it's an investment in advancing your career, not just money down the drain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire