Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:19 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times

Advertisements

was sold at auction today..for $600K...

that's quite a deal - it is assessed at $860K.

the home is all but destroyed, but the property includes 119.2 acres.

at no time during the auction, did the horrific events that took place on the property get mentioned. Sheila Labarre was convicted of two murders and is spending a life sentence in a MA prison.

the money from the sale will go to the victims families.

such a weird case...Sheila Labarre took the name of the wealthy doctor she lived with, but they were never married. He changed his will to disinherit his children and left everything to her. Me thinks, considering her convictions, that if he didn't change his will, he would have died sooner.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,417 times
That's just crazy!

I mean, a wealthy doctor lived with her....why? He was obviously highly educated right? What was the allure to this crazy woman? I mean come on, I can't even get my bagger at Market Basket to double sack my cans, how did this woman pull this stuff off on the not so weak minded? Or was it a lapse of weakness?

I tried to follow the story line but didn't get the answers I was looking for, maybe there will be a case study detective book about out by now?

WAIT! I figured out how she snagged her victims! GOSH why didn't I make the connection before...GREAT SCOTT!
Attached Thumbnails
Sheila Labarre's farm-dramatic_gopher.jpg   Sheila Labarre's farm-shelia_lebarre.jpg  

Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 AM

497 posts, read 953,018 times
she prolly lured the victims with her stunning beauty....not!

I'm familiar with the case....can U say Death penalty....nevermind, it's Mass.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The unfortunate Doctor was probably thinking with the little head and not the big one. Drugs and sex can turn men into blithering idiots sometimes.

I hope they keep her locked up forever.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:05 AM

461 posts, read 796,760 times
"I tried to follow the story line but didn't get the answers I was looking for, maybe there will be a case study detective book about out by now?"

There is, WICKED INTENTIONS, by Kevin Flynn. He's a reporter who worked on the case. I don't think he's a good writer, but it does go into quite a bit of detail.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:11 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
This woman is pure evil. I am glad that the jury did not buy her insanity defense.

I wonder what the land will be used for and also if the new owners will find anything there such as additional skeletal remains. One could hide a lot on 119 acres.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:00 AM

additional remains are a possibility - she is a suspected serial killer -the definition of serial killer is three or more deaths

she is serving TWO life sentences..

I agree that the Dr. was looking for tail...and that is how he got hooked up with her to begin with. The state should have considered that she was beating him into changing the will...the kid's testimony seem to back up this theory. They are the ones that lost the most.

I suspect the land will be developed.

I also hate that the media refers to the Dr. as her husband - they were never married. However, common-law marriages are only recognized in New Hampshire at death for estate/inheritance purposes. (N.H. RSA. 457:39) - (http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriagelicenses/p/%5Blink%20url=http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xliii/457/457-mrg.htm - broken link)

She knew darn well what she was doing.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:35 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,814 times
Sorry, but I don't see the point in buying the property. Too much of a ghoul factor involved--kinda like buying OJ's house or something.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:03 PM

developers don't care about superstitions

it's all about $$$

119 acres can be turned into 119+ homes more or less - don't know what the minimum acreage to build is in epping.

a $600K investment can turn a profit of millions

Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM

497 posts, read 953,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
developers don't care about superstitions

it's all about $$$

119 acres can be turned into 119+ homes more or less - don't know what the minimum acreage to build is in epping.

a $600K investment can turn a profit of millions
the damn shame of the truth of it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire