Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:59 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times

Advertisements

Ok, I have just deleted 43 off topic posts that were either TOS violations or had nothing to do with local politics, like the "teabagging" comments.

This thread is dedicated to New Hampshire political discussions ONLY. As you know, you can visit the Politics & Other Controversies anytime for discussions on national politics, but this is for state, city and town politics.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 AM

196 posts, read 275,958 times
I am not a regular here, so might be missing something, but I gotta say, for the state that has "live free or die" motto, there sure is a lot of censorship going on this board.
Or does "live free" concept does not apply to free speech??
Just curious......

Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,064,634 times
blessedme- actually "Live Free or Die" does apply to this board; the owners of the board are free to do whatever they want...just as we (the participants) are free to leave.

While we may not agree with the actions being taken...we can leave if we don't want to be part of it...

Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedme View Post
I am not a regular here, so might be missing something, but I gotta say, for the state that has "live free or die" motto, there sure is a lot of censorship going on this board.
Or does "live free" concept does not apply to free speech??
Just curious......
It's a private board. Free speech doesn't apply. Why do some people not grasp that concept?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Ok, I have just deleted 43 off topic posts that were either TOS violations or had nothing to do with local politics, like the "teabagging" comments.
I think you missed a few (but none of mine! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
This thread is dedicated to New Hampshire political discussions ONLY. As you know, you can visit the Politics & Other Controversies anytime for discussions on national politics, but this is for state, city and town politics.
I read the article written by Senator Gregg. Isn't the whole article talking about a national health care plan? He's not talking strictly about New Hampshire, right? Or is it enough that he's a senator from New Hampshire?

From the article:

"CPR—Coverage, Prevention, Reform—is a plan I have proposed that sets up a system where every American will be required to purchase meaningful health insurance to ensure each family will be protected against bankruptcy if a family member becomes seriously ill or injured."

Seems to me that a discussion of this article would be more appropriate in the Politics & Other Controversies forum.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:21 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,064,634 times
Perhaps, but we're the people voting for the guy.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:44 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post

I read the article written by Senator Gregg. Isn't the whole article talking about a national health care plan? He's not talking strictly about New Hampshire, right? Or is it enough that he's a senator from New Hampshire?

Seems to me that a discussion of this article would be more appropriate in the Politics & Other Controversies forum.
Those posts were left because they were at least loosely related to New Hampshire because of Senator Gregg, yes. And some of them were good.

If there are any more questions, I'd like to see them in the form of a dm, rather than take this thread off track again.

Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 PM

379 posts, read 1,418,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
It's a private board. Free speech doesn't apply. Why do some people not grasp that concept?
now you're in violation for your response & I'm in violation too...damn it..this is hard.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 PM

196 posts, read 275,958 times
Well, I had no idea this was a private board. Since it's associated with city-data, which, again, I had no idea was private.

You know sgthoskins, no need to be snarky. Obviously, if it's private, then owners can do whatever they want.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:41 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
I apologize blessedme if you took that for snarky. If you thought it was taxpayer funded what tax payers did you think were paying for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire