Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:54 AM

42 posts, read 161,283 times

Advertisements

I love that stuff too but I don't think I'm brave enough to actually stay somewhere that is known to be haunted. Hey, I think you should contact Ghost Hunters in Warwick, RI!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 03:10 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Hehehe - if ghost hunters came to Littleton, they'd never leave! They'd be to busy!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 17,436 times
Hi,

Ill definitely look for the picture, it would be great to have another opinion. I have so many digital cd's...it might take a bit. I keep saying Im going to organize them, but I never get around to it--this might be my excuse!

Im hoping to get there(NH + ME) sometime near the Fall, cant miss putting a theory to the test and some lobsters to make it worth while! =) and I might contact Ghost Hunters, it would be so interesting if there were other stories! I looked for the google search of "Thayers + Haunting" on page 9, did you try a different search?

Give me some time to find the picture, I looked yesterday but I worry its on my old harddrive thats been packed away somewhere...ugh. Until then!

Last edited by YupItsMeAgain; 05-18-2007 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: more info to add

Old 05-18-2007, 10:52 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Default update

OK Just did some more digging as now I am curious. And Found I was correct. It was not always Thayer's inn. The land it sits on was bought in 1843. although the year of construction is not known, it is indicated that January 14th 1850 was opening day for Thayer's White Mountain Hotel. And became a success due to the Rail roads coming to Littleton in 1852. Through the years it retained the label Thayer's, dropping the White Mountain label, and then in 1984 it went from Hotel to Inn. OK Now I have something to go on I am going to dig a little more. I will update all, on what I find.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 PM
JMX

313 posts, read 1,175,126 times
I'd like to see that picture too if you can find it. Sounds very interesting.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:23 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
OK Just did some more digging as now I am curious. And Found I was correct. It was not always Thayer's inn. The land it sits on was bought in 1843. although the year of construction is not known, it is indicated that January 14th 1850 was opening day for Thayer's White Mountain Hotel. And became a success due to the Rail roads coming to Littleton in 1852. Through the years it retained the label Thayer's, dropping the White Mountain label, and then in 1984 it went from Hotel to Inn. OK Now I have something to go on I am going to dig a little more. I will update all, on what I find.
This should be interesting! Thanks for doing the research!

Old 05-25-2007, 09:19 PM

69 posts, read 324,710 times
Well, since I know someone who works there, I was told that there is one special room that is "haunted". I think they don't even rent it out cause of "disturbances". And some of the housekeepers find thinks amiss when nobody has even been there.

I'll find out more about this! Casper will be revealed.

Jer

Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 AM
wMw

7 posts, read 24,590 times
Years ago I stayed at Thayer's Inn the night before I bought an old farmhouse in Jefferson. I don't recall anything unusual happening. I'm usually oblivious of the spirits that inhabit the places I've been even though I believe they do exist. The farmhouse in Jefferson had been a nursing home at one time and I know that a number of people passed away while living there. A number of my guests described night time encounters, some even describing these spirits in detail.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 AM

15 posts, read 69,672 times
Hi! My husband is from Littleton and knows the Inn. Yep, it's haunted! Everybody in town knows it's haunted. My husband experienced cold spots in his room and the bed covers being pulled off. Apparently, it's been haunted for many years. Your experience there is not unique. Hope it didn't put you off visiting Littleton again. If you want to visit the area and NOT stay at Thayer's, try The Homestead in Sugar Hill, not far away and not haunted (at least I didn't experience anything like that there!)

Old 07-15-2007, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,536 times
Default Ghosts at the Thayer Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
My question is a rather odd one, so bear with me....

I'm so curious about Thayer's Inn, and have been trying to get an answer to a question. A year ago my sister and I went on a short road trip and wound up staying overnight at this Inn. I fell in love with the place, but have to say, my overnight experience there was unnerving. I won't go into full detail, but suffice to say...I'm almost positive that the room I was staying in was haunted. I was woken up four separate times in a row by 'something'...a presence that at first felt like it was tugging at me, then lying next to me, then pinning me down. The final time it happened I woke up to the feeling that someone had shoved me roughly and then had run toward the doorway, laughing...it felt and sounded like it was a young boy.

I tried several times after returning to Canada to contact someone at the Inn with some info, but so far no one has been willing to talk to me. I'm assuming they don't want to get the reputation that there could be some sort of 'otherworldly' happenings taking place (either that or they just don't bother with inquiries). I had just wanted to find out if any other guests staying at the Inn had ever experienced anything similar. I also checked out their website but nothing is mentioned about the possibility that the place is haunted.

Has anyone on this forum ever stayed there, and if so, has anything 'odd' ever happened? I'd feel so much better if I knew that I wasn't the only one who had gone through this...just to sort of reassure myself that I didn't imagine it all.

My wife and I stayed at the Thayer Hotel last Saturday night. We went up the stairs and looked at the halls and interesting pictures. When we got to the top floor, we were walking toward the stairs that lead up to the cupola and I saw 2 ghosts walking down the hall. One was an old lady with an 1800's style hat. She had the hand of a little girl who appeared to be crying. The little girl had on a big brimmed hat with flowers cascading down it. The old lady had a mean look on her face. I told my wife not to go any farther and we went back downstairs. Now, I wish that I had tried to talk to them. I didn't sleep very well that night and felt like someone was watching us in the room. We really enjoyed our stay there and I have to say that it was the highlight of our trip. We asked the woman at the desk if there were any ghost sightings and she said that there were various stories over the years. When we got home to Canada, we were so surprised to see that there were other people that had experiences there too. My other ghost sighting was my grandfather. I saw him in my house when I was 15 years old. Just wondering if anyone has seen these two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire