Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 PM

497 posts, read 953,207 times

Advertisements

I built bat houses [4] that I got the plans for off the web.

They do attract bats, and it appears there are less skeeters....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 05:34 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,949,596 times
THIS is the time of year that we have invasions of ladybugs looking for a place to overwinter. If your front door is facing southwest, you may have invasions taking place this week.

Yesterday they began to gather on the back of my house, and I consider it a time to collect them. I used to have the kids brush as many as possible into a 'bug collector' and them let them chill out until springtime (they become inactive and will 'hibernate' at temps under 40) They can be a real pain in the neck if they find a way to get in though--I've heard stories of THOUSANDS being in houses, and they stain walls with their yellow 'blood' that seeps when you try to get rid of them. Anyone here 'blessed' with a Ladybug invasion this year?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,329,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
THIS is the time of year that we have invasions of ladybugs looking for a place to overwinter. If your front door is facing southwest, you may have invasions taking place this week.

Yesterday they began to gather on the back of my house, and I consider it a time to collect them. I used to have the kids brush as many as possible into a 'bug collector' and them let them chill out until springtime (they become inactive and will 'hibernate' at temps under 40) They can be a real pain in the neck if they find a way to get in though--I've heard stories of THOUSANDS being in houses, and they stain walls with their yellow 'blood' that seeps when you try to get rid of them. Anyone here 'blessed' with a Ladybug invasion this year?

Yes- my screens in the rooms on our 2nd and 3rd floors are covered with ladybugs. My cat has been in a trance since they arrived-staring at them and now that it is warmer and the windows are open-trying to get them through the screens. They are just ignoring her and continue to camp out on my screens!

Old 10-25-2009, 08:28 AM

369 posts, read 964,652 times
Fly swatter for the little ones, .410 Stevens for the big 'uns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire