Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 03:12 AM

572 posts, read 1,314,470 times

Advertisements

I know that many " sightings" can be explained but I also know that some are truly puzzling. Everyone loves a good mystery and even on a smaller scale most of us have looked down and said "What the heck kind of bug is that?" Only by investigating and taking a subject seriously can science progress.
Balls of light, shapes in the sky or tales like " I know a guy..." are worth thinking about as someday we may get the big picture.
A co-worker and I went to see a lecture in the Manchester public library by the head of NH MUFON several years ago. We were surprised at large attendance. There is a genuine interest in finding out just what is going on out there, whether it is our own Air Force or whatever.
Until we know I will keep an open mind and glance at the night sky hopefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 08:18 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,173,126 times
My husband saw an unexplained bright light high in the sky blink a few times and disappear. It was in broad day light and he pulled over to look again and see if there were any vapor trails but he saw nothing afterwards.

I began researching a few months ago SETI and other things, I came across a few articles about a man who was murdered supposedly, after he told his top secret information about bunkers-he was in the military.

A day or two after I began researching deeper, a black looking helicopter flew over my house twice. I live in Belmont on a mountain so I know others had to have seen this huge helicopter flying low.

Let's just say I haven't been poking around since then, and haven't seen that helicopter again either....

Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM

13 posts, read 51,507 times
Default Meteor Showers to Light up Skies Tomorrow

Just came across this news after reading about sightings in NH posts...

Strong Meteor Shower Expected Tonight

Old 08-12-2009, 07:21 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,444,298 times
Yes, here is more info on the Perseids: NASA - The 2009 Perseid Meteor Shower
And in Nov. check out the Leonids, and Geminids in Dec

Old 08-13-2009, 01:58 PM

3 posts, read 9,650 times
For more information and over 800 stories about UFO's in N.H., visit this website: www.nhufo.org

Old 08-14-2009, 12:58 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,685,331 times
I'll say UFO's exist for sure! I'll never forget, age 9 or so (1970's). Long Island NY, perfectly clear sunny, clear skies. My cousin and I took a walk around the neighborhood and in mid day! Saw a huge, Silver-ish, Disc shaped object hovering perfectly still. We both said what the heck is that? It slowy moved behind the trees, we followed then no joke, this thing shot off at a speed with seems impossible! No windows on this object, top was shiny silver, perfect smooth disc shape, bottom seemed burned, silver/black/brown mix, like the bottom of a silver pot from being used over & over on a stove. To this day my cousin and I agree on what we saw in the sky that day. I doubt the US had that technology in the 70's, possibly now.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:33 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,406,187 times
Cool Ufos in MassNH

I see regular UFO sightings in Mass. in Winchester. - (boston area)
I can make out a large Triangluar type ship..- I know its large because of how much sky it takes up..- its not an airplane either. it just hovers for awhile, but sometimes they move quickly across the sky , and sometimes they move slowly --it all depends. One time though I saw it shoot stuff out of the craft. possibly a probe or something ---and I also saw through binoculars what looked to be the cockpit of the ship or bridge area. - I couldnt see much detail though But I know it was a craft of some type in a Trianglar -ish shape. One time the ship also - moved in a weird pattern, and quickly. - it zig zagged across the sky and also rose and lowered several thousands of feet, quickly. much faster than any commercial craft would - and in a strange pattern that wouldn't be possible from commercial jets. -

These craft come by every so often I assume on "observing" missions

One night I felt as though the Ship was watching me...(as I was watching it) because the longer I looked into the binoculars, and looked at the ship
the closer and larger it got---
it was kind of scary actually and I stopped looking at it after awhile
I didnt want "them" to notice me so much

Also once in a hotel out in New York. I saw a cigar shaped ship ..fly by..--
as i was looking up watching the night sky.-
near cooperstown NY
We were visiting the Baseball Hall of fame

With the billions of planets in the milky way. I assume that earth is not the only planet with life. and intellgient life. the main problem is the vast distance of space and the fact that different civilizations are probably in varying levels of technology depending on the timeline in their history. Just 100-200 years ago we were virtually in primitive technology..and we would not have been able to detect aliens/ufos. exo-planets or know about space-travel. 1000 years ago we were in the middle ages. -
so depending on which level of tech and civilization a society is at it would be hard to have space-travel or what not. And those that do have space travel - might be just doing research (not wanting to be found by other life) or etc. or if they are looking for life . the distance might be too vast for their level of space-drives etc.
there's alot of factors involved here

But I'm sure we have been visited by intelligent life with technology far greater and faster than our own
they probably discovered jump-warp gates and such too.
to enable for faster space travel over longer distances.

Anyway its quite interesting to think about it

I dont mind the ships hovering around here. its interesting to observe.
i just dont know if i'm ready to meet an actual alien yet

Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,917,611 times
Every year I look forward to the Perseids, and for the last few years, we've either had clouds or full moon to dull the show. This year was no different--both nights of peak viewing were overcase. Last night, of course, the sky was crystal clear (with very few meteors from 1 - 1:30 AM The Leonids and Geminids are a cold show, but some years the viewing is OUTSTANDING. Thanks for the reminder, Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Yes, here is more info on the Perseids: NASA - The 2009 Perseid Meteor Shower
And in Nov. check out the Leonids, and Geminids in Dec

Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,594,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNHguy View Post
I can watch the satellites stream by any starry night from my deck.

Come on by, bring your tin foil hat.
you ruined it, theyre no long UFOs. now theyre IFOs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire