Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 PM

909 posts, read 3,353,704 times

Advertisements

Very humid. Sometimes warm and humid, sometimes hot and humid. But always humid. Maybe in a few years I'll forget about SoCal and not notice. But right now the AC is on a lot.

And very buggy. Although in the last week or so it hasn't been buggy at all. Not like back in May when I was getting eaten alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 09:40 PM

26,377 posts, read 46,260,872 times
This past month has been quite humid here in south-central NH. The humidity comes with the territory. Overnight summer lows are the coolest up in the northern part of the state and in the mountains.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:41 PM

26,377 posts, read 46,260,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
Very humid. Sometimes warm and humid, sometimes hot and humid. But always humid. Maybe in a few years I'll forget about SoCal and not notice. But right now the AC is on a lot.

And very buggy. Although in the last week or so it hasn't been buggy at all. Not like back in May when I was getting eaten alive.
I agree regarding the humidity. However, it will begin to get much less humid later this week, and September is generally very pleasant.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:35 AM

497 posts, read 950,077 times
I'm wooded, but close to a 150 acre pond.

Skeeters abound, the jumbo jet size.
I got whacked by a deer fly too, those nasty brown SOB's with the 1/2 black wings.

When they bite, you are left with a red welt the size of a half dollar, lumpy and itches like a bugger.

One thing I have done is build bat boxes;
neat to watch their ballet each nite, knowing they are gorging themselves on my skeeters.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:09 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,857,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post

Is all of NH humid/filled with mosquitoes?
Someone told me NH was a good state for all four seasons and not much humidity We get alot of mosquitoes here in Arizona and I hate it since I tend to get bit by mosquitoes alot.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:55 PM

215 posts, read 581,902 times
I'm in the northern part of NH . My house is 7 miles from the Canadian border. We have only had a few days of high humidity . I have a window fan that takes care of the heat and cools the house down when needed. As far as mosquitoes goes, I have a co2 mosquito thingy that keeps the yard free of those pesty buggers. The weather for tomorrow is going to be cool. Possible frost overnight. I might have to fire up the wood stove .

Old 08-26-2009, 10:06 PM

758 posts, read 2,881,477 times
I don't notice the humidity or bugs much on the coast. Some days yes it's warm and sticky...but that's summer. Sure there are mosquitoes in wooded or marshy areas but no worse than anywhere else I've been. As far as humidity...it's not any worse than most states in the east....and much better than the south.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:43 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,195,401 times
summers can be hot, just like the rest of the country. the difference is that you get cold fronts that cool it down to the 60s and 70s for highs. occasionally, it will drop down to the 40s at night, especially in the northern part of the state. dont be fooled that just because its new england that it doesnt get hot. weve had temperatures surpass 100 degrees in may while the south enjoys lower 80s. theres a wide range of weather conditions that can occur.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM

78 posts, read 135,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
I don't notice the humidity or bugs much on the coast. Some days yes it's warm and sticky...but that's summer. Sure there are mosquitoes in wooded or marshy areas but no worse than anywhere else I've been. As far as humidity...it's not any worse than most states in the east....and much better than the south.

How much cooler is it than Maryland? This summer was awful here. Outside felt like stepping into a sauna. Had to run AC 7/24, even at night. I realize summers are hot and humid but it cannot possibly be as bad as Virginia?

Looking at climate data, they suggest it's a good 5-10 degrees cooler than DC area.

Humidity I don't mind, it's a two-edged sword, since things grow so well with humidity. Western states have far less humidity but the climate is less suitable for growing, Colorado is high desert climate for example. I want humidity but not the heat.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,989,311 times
in general temps are 5-10F lower than MD (I, unfortunately live here too at the moment). In deep summer, NH can get almost as bad - but not usually for as long and not quite as disgusting humidity. down here I liken it to a cosmic laundromat. Up there, you can survive with fans, it may not be pleasant for a few days, but you can do it. Many people have window a/c and are just fine for the short time it's helpful. Last summer in NH, I think, was a bit more unusual and seemed to have the same heat wave most of the east coast had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire