Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:37 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,581,861 times

Advertisements

We have a Long Island in NH... in Winnipesaukee.
Take Moultonborough Neck Road to Long Island Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 09:09 AM

259 posts, read 601,738 times
Portsmouth and Exeter are fabulous. I'd love to live in either city but they're too far from the hubby's work. I hope you can make this happen. Good luck!

Old 11-28-2009, 03:42 PM

72 posts, read 195,832 times
My wife and I have decided that we will almost surely put our house on the market this spring, and make the transition up to the Seacoast region. We'll likely rent here on Long Island for a while, until we get our licenses and job situation settled and locate a house/neighborhood in Exeter area most likely. Thanks for all the help. Can't wait and should be an exciting transition for us over the next year or two.

Old 11-28-2009, 05:29 PM

53 posts, read 149,172 times
I am new to NH but thought I would throw some info in (for whatever it's worth ). We moved to Londonderry 2 months ago from the Boston area. I can't speak for how upscale the town is considered, but we LOVE it. That said we have a 4 year old and the schools are great AND there is plenty for her to do.

The reason I am posting though is that my husband works for Children's Hospital in Boston and takes the Express Bus from Londonderry into Boston every day. He does need to take the green line for a short distance and hates that part of it but really enjoys the bus ride. They have WiFi and he basically either works on his laptop or watches a movie during the ride home.

Just thought I would let you know in case you find a job you like in Boston.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:23 PM

72 posts, read 195,832 times
Well just to re-visit this thread, our move to New Hampshire got postponed a little bit because of some new additions to our family.
My wife and I have set a target time frame to try to sell our house on Long Island this coming spring of 11'. We'll be looking to move up to Exeter or surrounding areas.

We absolutely loved Portsmouth, Exeter and the freedom to move up and down the coast to some great port towns as well as inland to the mountains and lakes.

I'm re-visiting to hone my research a bit. When I am looking for houses in Exeter, I also get many that result in Kensington, Stratham, Brentwood, Kingston, etc... I have read that houses can be a bit cheaper in some of the surrounding areas. What I really want to know is, which are the best neighborhoods in the general Exeter area and why? Are there any of those areas I should stay away from and if so, why?

It is certainly hard to make sense of from just looking at maps. I plan to speak with a real estate agent next time, but I welcome any detailed insight into the makeup of Exeter and all the surrounding towns. Thanks.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:22 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
congratulations on the new addition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire