Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:50 AM

51 posts, read 121,824 times

Advertisements

In 2004 my fiance and made the horrible decision to move from Mass. to about 30 minutes away in Greenville,NH. It wasn't the descision to move to the state of NH, which was so awesome, but more of the mobile home park,!! That was a BIG mistake! We were just starting out, I was pregnant and we had enough money to purchase a pretty nice mobile home. It was a cash sale. We fell in love with the lot. It had a very nice back yard, a nice fireplace, it was perfect for us. The neighborhood looked very quiet, too. Everyone would wave and smile. We were just in a buyers daze...The first month was nice. Then, we met out neighbors!! So horrible! They had a skull on their roof, they would blast Johnny Cash, you could hear the long haired,man weight lifting on his porch and grunting! The Woman was ALWAYS drunk by noon! They would spray paint signs about Ronald Reigan, and their yard was full of garbage. They were more then the sterotypical Redneck-white trash who lives in a trailer park. Right next to us!! No wonder why there was a huge fence up only ontheir side! Now, at it's owner by a CO-OP. So it's by the people. Which is not true. It's actually by these group of elected mobile home owners, who have lived in the park of years. They are so very stupid!! I could have run the place, by myself!!! The meetings they had, would make me laugh, how ridiclous the fights were. They were a bunch od old people, with no education "trying" to sound somewhat smart. Well, there fertile cats running around the park, having kittens. And I had to pay $2,000 for my cat, who gets the BEST vet care, to get surgery, after getting into a bad fight with the redneck neighbors cat! Who is not fixed, no shots and mean as hell!!! I complained about these neighbors, but they "want us to talk it out!" Which I did, but to no avail, I started calling the cops!!! The final year, 2008, The neighbors, who we can't stand had the nerve to call child services on us!!! I was so shocked!!! and the claims they made were so out of this world!!! They over heard us talking about something like "vampires," And turned it into We "THINK" we are vampires!!! OMG!!! And I hung my child from a bathroom door!!! Which, they were NEVER there to SEEthat, so how could I have done it! And with what hook...The other claims were nuts...But, the funny thing is we were looking for another place to live for about a year. Everything about was horrible. We had a teenager caught by police for robbing the Country mile at gun point, in front of our house! He had a freaking gun!! They let him go, because they knew him! I got in an accident, pulling out of my driveway, because there was a tree in my way, and some idiot was driving up the street about 40 MPH. I lookeed both ways. He hits me head on! He has the balls to get out and scream at me! I just told him, "Hey, relax and turn down your music, first off..." Then the cops come, they know the guy...It's my fault! That place is full of strange people!! There is about 5 families who were normal. We chose not to get to know anyone, because we didn't want to end up like them ( the weird ones...) We didn't drink the well water, because we thought, maybe that's why they were acting so weird...They were stuck in the 80's and very slow...It was like the twilight zone!!! Excuse my spelling, I'm typing fast. Thank God, we got out of there, and Back to MA. I LOVe NH! Just not where we lived!

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-29-2009 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: edited the name out, this isn't the forum for consumer complaints
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 10:05 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,561 times
so the moral of the story is don't live in a trailer park? Point taken......

Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
horseluvr - it takes all kinds to make a world. Sorry you ran into a bunch of rednecks in a very insular town. I am glad you got out.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
there are plenty of other places in Greenville, or New Ipswich you know. and if you prefer the size of a mobile home they aren't exactly limited to trailer parks since there is one right beside me on Mill St! did you complain at all to any of the selectmen? I only know Scotty - and only a little, but he was great with us.

Well water? You have a well? geez.. most of Greenville is on city water.

Ok, so you aren't happy in the trailer park (I wouldn't be either), doesn't mean you have to move back to MA though.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:53 PM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Lol, this sounds like a new zombie movie script out of Hollyweird "Night Of The Living Dead part 7 NH edition"......thanks for the laugh

Old 09-29-2009, 02:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
I mean, can you imagine? People with a skull (never said what sort - there's laws regarding human remains...) on the roof of their trailer are going to have a problem overhearing something about a 'vampire'? in this day and age when Twilight is the most popular thing amongst teens and True Blood is all over HBO?!

Old 09-29-2009, 05:15 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
sterotypical Redneck-white trash who lives in a trailer park. Ok that does sound awful, but, aren't you living in a trailer park as well?

Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM

369 posts, read 964,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseluvr View Post
<snip>We had a teenager caught by police for robbing the Country mile at gun point, in front of our house! He had a freaking gun!! They let him go, because they knew him! I got in an accident, pulling out of my driveway, because there was a tree in my way, and some idiot was driving up the street about 40 MPH. I lookeed both ways. He hits me head on! He has the balls to get out and scream at me! I just told him, "Hey, relax and turn down your music, first off..." Then the cops come, they know the guy...It's my fault! That place is full of strange people!! There is about 5 families who were normal. We chose not to get to know anyone, because we didn't want to end up like them ( the weird ones...) We didn't drink the well water, because we thought, maybe that's why they were acting so weird...They were stuck in the 80's and very slow...It was like the twilight zone!!! Excuse my spelling, I'm typing fast. Thank God, we got out of there, and Back to MA. I LOVe NH! Just not where we lived!

Well, ya had me untill you got to this part.

Do you really think the police would release an armed criminal Juuuuust because "They knew him" or that an accident would become your fault because the police know the person who hit you ???

What are you smokin' girl ???

FWIW, most mobile home parks these days are Co-Op, meaning you purchase a share of the park once you buy the home. Most homeowners associations in these parks require a CORI check of every resident and will work activily to remove residents who cause problems.

Anyone out there thinking that mobile home parks are nothing but "Trailer Trash" have another thing coming. Some of them might be a little snug in terms of yards but most of them are much cleaner than the communities they are located in and the residences can be just as nice both inside and out as any single family home.

I know because I live in one and frankly speaking, I resent your stereotyping and parochial viewpoint.

All you were missing was the aforementioned Zombie invasion.

Yeesh.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtwigg View Post
Well, ya had me untill you got to this part.

Do you really think the police would release an armed criminal Juuuuust because "They knew him" or that an accident would become your fault because the police know the person who hit you ???

What are you smokin' girl ???

FWIW, most mobile home parks these days are Co-Op, meaning you purchase a share of the park once you buy the home. Most homeowners associations in these parks require a CORI check of every resident and will work activily to remove residents who cause problems.

Anyone out there thinking that mobile home parks are nothing but "Trailer Trash" have another thing coming. Some of them might be a little snug in terms of yards but most of them are much cleaner than the communities they are located in and the residences can be just as nice both inside and out as any single family home.

I know because I live in one and frankly speaking, I resent your stereotyping and parochial viewpoint.

All you were missing was the aforementioned Zombie invasion.

Yeesh.
The truth, as usual is somewhere in between the two points thus represented, Small town politics are still that, yes people have been let off just because they are known, even if a weapon is involved. No not all co-op parks are run by loons, but yeah there are some. Trailer trash, I got news for you where I live I probably pay more then your average trailer mortgage/park rent combined and we still have trailer trash, so you can bet most every park has it's share.
My experience, lived it, have friends and family that still do. Even saw one good park go down hill after new ownership.
I still question however if one loved NH so much why didn't they just look for other options, but to each their own I guess.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:39 PM

71 posts, read 172,118 times
I think your neighbor's relatives bought a seasonal camper near ours in central NH, loud music, drunk 24/7 and kids running wild. When we complained to the campground owner, he said we were the only ones to complain. We sold our trailer as soon as we could and loved to hear that the red necks got kicked out the following year for having a motorcycle rally one weekend. It takes all kinds but it would be nice to have some social skills.
Sorry about your NH experience, I have been here over 20 years and have been lucky in our permanent home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire