Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,210,735 times

Advertisements

WCH that wasn't directed at you. You didn't need to change your drawers when you found out I carry a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 03:57 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,998,173 times
lol! yeah, I know: but.. the description still fits. You just never know.. people can change. I used to be uncomfortable staying at my inlaws house overnight with my brother-in-laws rifles in a rack on the wall. Now.. I'd be willing to go to a range and learn to shoot. scares the crap out of me, but.. I think I'd be willing to try.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:14 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,668,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
I love you sheep. You guys **** your pants over law abiding people owning guns. Always picked last at sports, constantly picked on in school, afraid to stand up for yourself when the bully pushed you around. You grow up as pacifists who couldn't beat their way out of a wet paper bag. I sleep better at night knowing your genes will be cleansed from the pool if one of these bad guys picked your house with the "Gun Free Zone" sign in your front yard.

It's quite comical.
I actually find it more comical for somebody like you. Your glory days were in high school and here you are fourty years later still trying to bully people. It isn't going to work big guy....I'm going to the spa and then going to eat my sushi. I will do some yoga also Cheers!!!! We are in charge now so get over it!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,210,735 times
LOL I'm probably younger than you, good try though.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:21 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,603,637 times
If I need to travel in places where I feel I need to be armed I will be. No body will know it except me and any unfortunate assailant. Enough said.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:55 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,833,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyTerrier View Post
I find it fascinating the number of people on this site who are so horrified by what happened in Mont Vernon yet fantasize themselves about what they would do if an intruder entered their home - right down to the type of weapon or weapons they would use. It makes it seem as though they are hoping an intruder would enter their home so they can act out their own twisted scenerio they have concocted in their silly minds. Tell me - which movie or song prompted these wicked little thoughts? And I'm not going to buy the whole, "It's about protecting my family." Please, you are creating unnecessary public fear for a crime that rarely happens in comparision to all of the other domestically charged crimes that happen all too often.
I wonder if Mr Cates wishes he were home that night to protect his family? Maybe he would have liked to have had a gun to ward off 4 guys armed with knives. It may happen rarely, one in a million, but it happens enough to make people think. 6 months before the Zantops were murdered in VT in a similar situation:

"On July 17, 2000, Tulloch and Parker went to a remote house in Vershire, Vermont, armed with hunting knives, intending to murder the inhabitants and to steal their belongings. Near the house, they dug makeshift graves for their intended victims. Then late at night, Tulloch knocked on the door while Parker waited off to the side in the bushes intending to ambush the homeowner when he opened it.

Inside, 47-year-old Andrew Patti, at home with his 11-year-old son, was alerted to the teens' presence by the sounds of his dog barking. Suspicious of the knock on his door at such a late hour, he answered the knock by going to the door and pulling back the window blinds without opening it. Behind his back, he held a Glock pistol in his hand.

Claiming to be a stranded motorist, Tulloch asked to enter the house, but Patti refused. After receiving several more requests for entry, Patti became concerned enough to hold up his Glock where Tulloch could see it. Then Patti closed the blinds on the door and went back to call the police. When he got to the phone, he discovered that the line was dead. But when he returned to the door, Tulloch and Parker had left the house. They would not return."

Dartmouth Murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-14-2009, 05:59 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,833,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2008 View Post
Are there really that many drugs in local high schools? Frankly, that scares me more than one random crime, as horrible as it was. It's surreal. A 17 year old high school student having a wedding reception at the Bedford Village Inn?
The two from Souhegan High were known drug users. Glover had been smoking pot but moved on to harder drugs this past summer.

Probably every HS in the country has some students using drugs. Amherst is an affluent town and the drug dealers know the teenagers have money. According to the police, the drugs in this area come up from Fitchburg with Milford as the centerpoint. One can see this by following the stories in the Milford Cabinet

Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM

369 posts, read 962,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
We are in charge now so get over it!
Not for long.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,998,173 times
While I absolutely believe that if you are not comfortable with a gun, you should not have a gun in your house, I just spotted this headline in the Monadnock ledger:
"Temple police are searching for an intruder who was scared away from a Revoluntionary Road home Thursday morning by the homeowner, who had a shotgun."

don't know anything about the story since the Ledger isn't putting any more than that online (They keep some stuff offline to make it worth buying a subscription). But, there you have recent proof that it can help - but ONLY if you know how to use it, and are comfortable with it. If you aren't... not much worse or potentially deadly.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 PM

369 posts, read 962,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
While I absolutely believe that if you are not comfortable with a gun, you should not have a gun in your house, I just spotted this headline in the Monadnock ledger:
"Temple police are searching for an intruder who was scared away from a Revoluntionary Road home Thursday morning by the homeowner, who had a shotgun."

don't know anything about the story since the Ledger isn't putting any more than that online (They keep some stuff offline to make it worth buying a subscription). But, there you have recent proof that it can help - but ONLY if you know how to use it, and are comfortable with it. If you aren't... not much worse or potentially deadly.

+1 People are either survivors or victims. Its all in the mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire