Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2009, 04:59 PM

21 posts, read 60,139 times

Advertisements

we are looking at a horse farm in temple, nh. can anyone give us feedback on the town. i know some of the towns in that area can be alittle more hick like, with out putting anybody down. I'm coming from a yuppy town north of boston. any input would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 09:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
I'd say Temple is a lot more rural than anything just north of Boston! Biggest problem you'd run into is getting to anywhere - for one thing, you've got Temple Mt and in winter that road can close down (or at least become very interesting). Oh, and Temple also shares it's police force with Greenville.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 PM

21 posts, read 60,139 times
we presently live in a rural town 30 mile north of boston. the closest grocery story is 15 mins away, so i don't mind rural at all, but want to be in an area where there are nice people. i understand that peterborough is 5 miles away, or at least the realtor said that. I do have a concern about how bad winter gets in Temple. can you give me an idea of a typical snow amount and typical temperatures. do you get any below zero temps?

Old 12-12-2009, 05:55 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Temple is like the town that time forgot, in a good way. Extremely quiet and pretty.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:08 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Temple is like the town that time forgot, in a good way. Extremely quiet and pretty.
That sounds like a nice place. There's not a whole lotta those places left.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
It's been a long time since I had any involvement with Temple (and that was second-hand when my siblings worked at Temple Mt Ski area - closed now).. but I know things like the road and weather haven't changed much. 15 minutes to groceries is good! I think it will take you longer from Temple. There's hardly any mention of it in the Monadnock Ledger, so likely not much happens there to report on. In general people are usually nice wherever you are so I don't see Temple as being particularly different. the monadnock area is beautiful. Much more old-style than the central and eastern part of lower NH.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:33 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apkjacks View Post
we presently live in a rural town 30 mile north of boston. the closest grocery story is 15 mins away, so i don't mind rural at all, but want to be in an area where there are nice people. i understand that peterborough is 5 miles away, or at least the realtor said that. I do have a concern about how bad winter gets in Temple. can you give me an idea of a typical snow amount and typical temperatures. do you get any below zero temps?
below zero - ayuh....you must get that in the Boston area.

the biggest challenge is getting anywhere from there. There are no easy access roads and sometimes the plows can't make it up Temple Mountain road.

I used to ski Temple, but the area closed.

back in 1953, a tornado killed 90 people and injured more than a thousand residents. That's a lot considering Temple has less two thousand residents.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:01 PM

18 posts, read 36,948 times
Temple has pretty high property taxes. Nice rural feel. Classic N.E. village. Best to be on that side of the mountain if you are commuting south... trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire