Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:04 AM

142 posts, read 573,465 times

Advertisements

Hi was just wondering what the main street in Lancaster was like,is it
built up like in Littleton?? I'm trying to find out what is in the area
and can't find info. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 05:50 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Hi - Even though Lancaster is not far from us, I've never been there.....yet...Whitefield and Jefferson are the closest I've come....but I did find the two sites below that may help you - the first has a couple of pictures that I'm assuming are parts of the town (also a donut, CD player and spedometer).....the second site may have pictures, I didn't really check it thoroughly, but there are a bunch of links for Lancaster which might give you some of the info you're looking for until someone is around from that area.....Hope this helps in some way!

http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/558501826RbFkNq
http://www.edsanders.com/lanindex.htm

Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 AM

66 posts, read 297,940 times
We were just up that way this past weekend. Stayed at some great log cabins in Jefferson and explored the area. Littleton's main street is more built up than Lancaster's, but Lancaster is a nice town with a few shops and restaurants. I haven't heard much about Lancaster on the forum, but we liked it. The views of the mountains in the Lancaster/Jefferson area are beautiful as well. We're looking forward to returning, especially in the fall when the leaves change. Hope this helps a bit.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:44 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
Lancaster is smaller than Littleton. It also does not have the big box madness that Littleton now has. Its a nice, small town. A regular poster here lives in Lancaster (or nearby I believe) so hopefully him/her will chime in.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,474,647 times
www.Lancasternh.org Is a fast link. Yes we have a downtown. I will snap some picks for you. It might be a few days before I post back as My better half is in the hospital here in town. So my time is there not here at the moment. But I will get back to this post ASAP.

Old 05-22-2007, 11:43 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
www.Lancasternh.org Is a fast link. Yes we have a downtown. I will snap some picks for you. It might be a few days before I post back as My better half is in the hospital here in town. So my time is there not here at the moment. But I will get back to this post ASAP.

Hope your better half is okay and gets well soon!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:28 PM

nhyrnut I your better half get well soon.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 PM

Thanks everyone for the links I will check them out. Looking forward to any
Pics

Old 05-22-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Picteures

8 is the max sorry. Will post more in a min.
Attached Thumbnails
Lancaster NH-coos-county-court-house-lancaster-nh.jpg   Lancaster NH-1-covered-bridges-lancaster.jpg   Lancaster NH-jct-rt-2-rt-3-lancaster.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-comunity-center-adjustant-town-park.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-doctors-park.jpg  

Lancaster NH-lancaster-downtown.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-downtown-2.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-elementry-school-about-10-years  

Old 05-22-2007, 02:37 PM

OK Real fast. As I am just home for a a while while her mom is at the hospital. And thank you all for your concern. Lancaster is a VERY nice town. We are 30 min from Berlin, with a super Walmart and shopping. We are also about 20 min (Via RT 135) From Littleton and all shopping there. We are also 27 miles from St J. VT ,with all the shopping and things to do there. The town of Lancaster itself has LOTS to do family wise. The school constantly sends things home, for family events in town. During the winter there is plenty to do as well. The town is VERY VERY Family orientated. They make sure all can get out and do things with the kids and Neighbors. The school is top Notch as well. The community center is attended by alot of town Kids because they like to go.( Not because they have to) Scary huh. We are far enough out so people don't tend to think of us as a place to live. But close enough to all for us to not mind. Lived in the city before this, and 1 hour to get across town was normal. So 20 min to Littleton is nothing. We have an AGWAY feed store, 2 other garden centers, Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Shaws, Radio Shack, 1 or 2 Gyms, Mc Donalds, 1 awesome Steak house. # Chinese Restraints, 4 or 5 mom and pop Pizza Places 2 scoop shops, Churches Everywhere. LOL And so much more. All this and work within travel distance and Breath taking Views. What more could one want. Most houses in the area are below 200,000 as well. The Kids love it here as do we. There are Several MOM and POP stores and some really cool stores on Main St. Simmon the tanner has Name brand Cloths and Shoes etc, And 1 around the corner from it has all you can think of. It is the perfect New England Mom and Pop store, with all it's charm. Anyway This is Lancaster I hope it helps all that have never been here. And Maybe get a certain someone from Littleton to Check it out. Little Place called the Elms here has Prime rib all you can eat for less that $20 on Wednesday I believe. Hunting and Fishing is excellent as well. Oh Ya Lancaster also Has A football league for the kids. You will not find this in Northern NH besides here.
Attached Thumbnails
Lancaster NH-lancaster-natinal-bank.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-library.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-town-pool-park-1.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-fairgrounds-3-grandstand.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-fair-grounds-1.jpg  

Lancaster NH-weeks-hospital-lancaster.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-town-park-4.jpg   Lancaster NH-lancaster-town-park-2.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire