Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:30 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,907,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonceltz View Post
I think a lot of people would disagree with you there, including myself.
Why are people idiots because they have different beliefs than you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 05:15 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,668,485 times
Quote:

Instead of idiot I guess redneck would be more appropriate in this case although Dave is super hot so I'm going to give him a pass

Old 02-02-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
I think the term redneck would be more appropriate than idiot, but, Dave is super hot so I'm going to give him a pass for saying something goofy. You can't be that hot and smart

Old 02-02-2010, 05:22 PM

10,924 posts, read 21,907,304 times
I think someones been hitting the sauce

Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I think someones been hitting the sauce
I was thinking that you must be drinking to post such things I just can't help myself

Old 02-03-2010, 03:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,896,344 times
Well in NH a male and female couple don't make much talk about what happens behind a closed door, we sort of expect the same. If this is what happens we won't talk either. Yankees are not noted for much of a public display.

Make a big deal where none should be, and you may find you don't like what you see back.

This has nothing to do with color, or race, and or even same sex couples, but more to do with public display.

I have 2/5ths of a beer left in the can ....

Old 02-04-2010, 05:21 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,603,637 times
I suggest you contact ValC on this board for moving and real estate advice.

AFAIK there is no bus service between Manchester area and Woburn. That commute would take, usually, about 40 min or less by car each way. You might consider renting for a years so you could have the time to study the area.

In any case welcome.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:15 PM

27 posts, read 121,383 times
I think you will find that small towns in New Hampshire, though predominately white, are very welcoming to interracial families. My son and daughter were born in Ethiopia and they have had no problems making friends in our town. New Hampshire, even in its small towns, are fortunately becoming more diverse. You may find that there is more racial tension in larger cities, such as Manchester and Nashua, but I haven't experienced it where I live.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:38 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,299,538 times
Default Very minor

We are an interracial couple of 18 years with children. My wife is a beautiful black hispanic women. We lived in the south for a decade, my family hated every minute of it, so regretfully I have enough stories to start my own website. BUT, my family and I chanced everything when we moved to NH about 2yrs ago. To them, the move was the best thing that could have happened. My wife and kids are active in their given community and they absolutely love it. Sadly, we did have one incident. Coincidently, the incident occurred recently, where an idiot neighbor son called my son a n----r, of all days, on MLK day. Honestly, we were more shocked than angered. We were caught of guard because for 2 years they experienced proper treatment. Proudly, for the first time, my son responsed with no angry and corrected him properly.

My perspective. As a white man, I feel I am true observer of racial tension because other white people tend to, as time passes, relax their inhibitions and true feeling come out. With that being said, I can positively stated everyone has been polite and professional. But, at times, I have heard inappropriate jokes but that is about it. I had NOT sensed any endemic racial tension. The issues here, pale in comparison to the south. You should NOT have any problems. In my opinion, NH treats everyone favorable...with only ONE IDIOT!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,531,256 times
The color of your skin means less then the content of your heart,come up up and join us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire