Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 03:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times

Advertisements

Didn't mean to come down on you too hard, Mac, just we've gotten in trouble before by Yac whenever we get too chatty or OT. I can tell you're frustrated. Lot of people are. I know I'm very lucky.

ASLeathe: oh there are so many icky bugs out there! fire ants are called that because they're tiny, red and they bite/sting like you're on fire. And they swarm. Yep, you'll find them walking around, I don't think they come into houses, but I'm not sure about that. NH doesn't have them, be glad. Spiders will get anywhere. Oh, and go out west and add scorpions to that list. No, they won't kill you, but they hurt like heck. And even just down here in the mid-atlantic we have a few poisonous snakes. It's a wild world out there, nature deserves respect (cause she'll take it!), just don't be foolish outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
ASLeathe, I wasn't aware really you were looking for work, but the Feds want census takers and i plan to be one.

To save you time and the time is getting late, but not too late call 1-866-861-2010, and follow the directions.. That is a free call and to the census folks. They will let you know what to do next for your area.

Another way is to go here:
2010 Census Jobs

read around as you please and DL the practice test and do it. I just did, and it is a screwy test and I got 4 wrong, or would have if it counted.

WCH, some days are better than others. Life huh?

Old 02-03-2010, 01:25 PM

17 posts, read 99,819 times
Alright, thank you! =]

I just got back from giving my resume to every store in downtown Rochester. Every single one of them said they weren't hiring. =[

Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
ASLeathe, yeah I know how that goes. Really grab the chance to be a census taker. There is no tellin where that might lead. Not too bad a' pay rate either.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:29 AM

193 posts, read 533,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASLeathe View Post
Fire ants?! I hate ants, and I've only seen the black ants that we have around here, the ones that get in your house in the summer time and you have no idea how they're getting in. Where do you find fire ants? Do they get in your house? Are they on the beaches and stuff? Should I worry while walking in the grass?

Ugh... Bible Thumpers... I know there is a lot of religious people down south, and I am a soul believer in "Keep your religious mumbo-jumbo to yourself." I hope that people don't hate me if I go down south because I'm not religious, or believe in God. I don't mind religious people, but when they try and convert me, or tell me I'm going to hell because I do not believe [which has happened so many times] then they become annoying.

Do Black Widow's and Brown Recluse spiders get into houses? Could I ever find one in my bed or shower? I already hate the spiders we have around here, but I know they're nothing compared to other ones around the world.
After experiencing fire ants for a while, the kind we get up here will seem like pets. They are typically in the grass: their colonies form a very distinctive mound and the next colony will branch out about six feet away, and unless they're controlled they will really spread. In the grande scheme of things, though, they're not that big a deal.

No offense to anyone, but the Bible Thumpers do get annoying. As an example, one of my favorite restaurants adopted the common practice down there of giving a 10% discount on Mondays for anyone bringing in a church bulletin. The scary thing is that few of the locals I talked to thought there was any problem with such a policy. After all, you could just go into a church and get a bulletin. And after all, the restaurant was just trying to promote good family values.

The spiders do not get into the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire