Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:25 AM

9 posts, read 49,978 times

Advertisements

Hey all....can anyone recommend a place to hold a wedding (125-150 people)
in the Manchester/Concord (or close by) area We have looked at what seems almost every venue from Nashua to the White Mts. and haven't really found anything striking

The wedding is scheduled to be held next spring/early summer.

Looking for an extraordinary place; country barn, gazebo by the water, a wildfield......something different Would like the ceremony and reception to be held at the same location.

Please advise....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 09:56 AM

639 posts, read 3,526,841 times
Katele,

The Galley Hatch Conference Center in Hampton does an absolute amazing job with receptions. You could check it out here to see what you think, it's in the same parking lot down around back from the Eatery Restaurant and the Best Western. The Galley Hatch does it up QUITE nice and their cuisine at their functions is always always awesome:

Galley Hatch Conference Center (http://www.galleyhatchconferencecenter.com/weddings.htm - broken link)

You could also check the Portsmouth Country Club for prices. They do quite a job too. It's lovely there and it would be convenient.

Check their site to see what you think:

Portsmouth Country Club

There's this DJ in Maine that's WONDERFUL, his name is Jim Casey. I've been to a few events where he was the "master of ceremonies" he's EXCELLENT. He's a real character, you'd like him a lot as soon as you met him!

Here's info on him, also check his site because he's got a lot of great venues in the state of Maine, as well as a few in New Hampshire that you could check out:

Maine DJ - Maine Wedding Disc Jockey - DJ New Hampshire - Maine DIsc Jockey (http://www.djmaine.com/venues.php - broken link)

Good luck! What about having it on a boat? You'd really like the Thomas Leighton. Tons of weddings have been on it and it's still going strong. It cruises Portsmouth Harbor and the Isle of Shoals. Check it out to see what you think, just click on Weddings and Receptions:

Isles of Shoals Steamship Company: New Hampshire's Cruise Center and Home of the Party Ship

Have a wonderful time and hopefully this will give you more suggestions!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 AM

9 posts, read 49,978 times
Default Thanks for the info

Thanks CityGirl52 for the info....I will check out all the information you provided....appreciate your help

Old 06-10-2007, 06:15 PM

82 posts, read 391,424 times
I don't know what your budget is, or how far you want to travel, but...

The Wentworth in New Castle is beautiful. While it may not have a country barn, it does have striking views of the ocean/bay, and some beautiful areas for outdoor pictures! Food is phenomenal, atmosphere is lovely, service if first-rate...

Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM

117 posts, read 485,676 times
Have you tried the Bedford Village INN. It of course is in Bedford but is an exquisite and beautiful place. Beautiful grounds and nice hall in an old barn renovated extensively. Gardens where the wedding could take place that are very very nice. Bedford Village Inn :: Bedford, New Hampshire (http://www.bedfordvillageinn.com/weddings.shtml - broken link)

Old 06-10-2007, 07:56 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katele View Post
in the Manchester/Concord (or close by) area We have looked at what seems almost every venue from Nashua to the White Mts. and haven't really found anything striking

Looking for an extraordinary place; country barn, gazebo by the water, a wildfield......something different Would like the ceremony and reception to be held at the same location.

Please advise....thanks
Hi there,
Well I can tell you of a church(Rye by the Sea) that is a small quaint church and in Rye there are lots of nice places to hold a reception. Another place is in Hampton, there is a area right on Rt 1 that is in the center of "town" that has a gazebo and that area in it (has cannons out in front...and is in the middle of the green which is a grassy knoll...and in the midde. On both sides there are churches..it is very pretty indeed...in fact I got married there a few years ago..I would suggest checking it out. I cant tell you the name of the gazebo but you could call Hampton Town Hall and they will be able to tell you all about it I am quite sure...It is in the falls section...on the outskirs of it. I just love it and there is a restraunt(I cant remember the same of it but its big on weddings as well. I would suggest you check out Portsmouth area for the reception as there are plenty of places from Hampton and it is a straight shop up to Portsmouth from Hampton and is on the same street(RT1). I also might suggest a seaside wedding at Hampton Beach and a reception at the Ashworth by the Sea. Nice places too.
last suggestion...Make is summer. I got married the last week in April 2001 and it was bitter cold and windy...and we got married outside and everyone FROZE believe it...It was a beautiful ceremonly but we couldnt even light our unity candle..that is how windy and cold it was..it didnt rain but it was less than ideal weather..and in New England all you can count of is to be surprised at a moments notice by the weather...oh wait ..its changed again..At least in late June, July you can bank on it being nice...I would suggest mid June or late June as perfect time...july and aug tend to be quite warm and worst HUMID.
Have fun
Lisa

Old 06-10-2007, 07:58 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katele View Post

Please advise....thanks
PS....
Galley Hatch in Hampton(again Rt 1) is very nice
Another suggestion would be Dover which has lots of nice places for a wedding as well as reception. Call the chamber of commerce there as well(just a suggestion)...I love Dover....
Have fun/good luck
Lisa

Old 07-30-2007, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 14,055 times
Has anyone had or been to a wedding reception at the Manchester Country Club?

Old 07-30-2007, 08:36 AM

639 posts, read 3,526,841 times
I've never been to the Manchester Country Club, but I've heard of it before as being a nice venue for a reception.

What about Castleton in Windham, NH? I went to a wedding there this past year and thought it was absolutely beautiful. Everything about it, the venue, the cuisine, it was quite a stunning place. Go to this site to see what you think:

Castleton Banquet and Conference Center

Also I wanted to make sure you knew that the venue in Hampton Falls is called the "Faro Garden & Banquet Facility at Joseph's" in Hampton Falls and located at 12 Lafayette Road on Rte. 1. Well, it would have been a great venue BUT there's a big "For Sale" sign tacked out on their sign these days and it's very quiet over there now. SO that venue bites the dust and it's history. It was quite the place too for the longest time, it's too bad.

There is a venue up in Portsmouth that you could find out about. It's called "the Pearl" and it's this really really incredibly old but renovated gorgeous, historical building that has weddings & all types of different events, affairs and functions a lot now. I think you'd have to get the caterer though yourself. You can read about it on their site, it's a little more updated than it was when it first opened. I know that The Galley Hatch on the seacoast does functions quite a lot here and of course any where else you might want it along the seacoast and they're doing a fabulous job with these events and affairs. In fact, even better than their restaurant business itself!

Here's the Portsmouth Pearl site to check it out!

The Portsmouth Pearl

Good luck wherever you have your wedding!

Old 07-30-2007, 08:37 AM

108 posts, read 412,810 times
I second the Bedford Village Inn. My daughter was married there and it is an exquisite place..very reasonably priced IF held on a Sunday.

There is also Searles Castle in Windham, very pricey but I have heard good things.

Manchester Country Club was my daughter's second choice. I have heard they do extraordinary weddings as well. Their reputation is excellent.
They do not have a place for ceremonies outdoors, however.
Have you been to Weddings and wedding planning! Wedding dresses, engagement rings, wedding cakes and more. ? If you go there, click on message boards and then to "local boards", there is a New Hampshire page and you will get TONS of info and talk to other brides.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire