Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 06:41 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident NewHome! Hope you're OK, and glad it was not something more serious, it just must hurt like a ***** though. Take care sweetie, hope you feel better soon!
thanks njchick- we can laugh about it now but when the window crashed, i turned pale and was arfaid to look down at my hand. seriously thought i lost a digit. lol . all i thought about was " save the fingers, pick'em up & put'em on ice" sick, huh?
so my typing is modified-sorry it looks like i'm typing sloppy. As for this fourm- it's not worth it. Too much garbage going back & forth- He said -she said- bhalh blah..lol. whatever....
I had one purpose to start this thread. I asked one question. I got many replies. Some good and some not so good. Generally most people want to help & offered thoughful advice. I won't mention the negative comments, you can all read them for yourselves. Whatever...So be it. I'm learning new things everyday & this was certainly one of them.
I'm still standing.
Life is good. Life is very good in New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2006, 10:19 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,087,349 times
Default Not meant to be

Hey NewHome ...

How is this for luck? We are in Somerset County, NJ ... under contract for a home in Union County, NC. Deposit left, financing secured, jobs given notice, new jobs acquired, moving announcements ordered, moving estimates acquired, closing scheduled for October 20, etc., etc. Inspection scheduled for Thursday at noon, receive a call Wednesday evening from Realtor. Seller has changed his mind ... he is backing out of contract. No explanation provided.

We have not told our children yet. My fiancee is crushed. We really thought it was our home. We were excited. The search begins again.

SL

Old 09-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Wink Sorry to hear this

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Hey NewHome ...

How is this for luck? We are in Somerset County, NJ ... under contract for a home in Union County, NC. Deposit left, financing secured, jobs given notice, new jobs acquired, moving announcements ordered, moving estimates acquired, closing scheduled for October 20, etc., etc. Inspection scheduled for Thursday at noon, receive a call Wednesday evening from Realtor. Seller has changed his mind ... he is backing out of contract. No explanation provided.

We have not told our children yet. My fiancee is crushed. We really thought it was our home. We were excited. The search begins again.

SL
What a bummer. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.
It seems that the "Seller" has all the rights when selling a property. What about you, the buyer? Check w/ your attorney. We once had a rental property on the market. We had a buyer. Accepted their offer & their $$Deposit. We were out of the "attorney review" period and the buyer's agent called me with this line of baloney "She has reconsidered & really can't afford to pay that price but she CAN afford to pay this (lower) price" We told her to stuff it. My attorney told her agent to stuff it. We kept her deposit & never heard from them again. Why play games? These people in NC wasted your time & time is money. Again, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. I hope you find justice & satisfaction $$. Best o' luck to you

Old 09-09-2006, 05:04 AM

741 posts, read 3,510,873 times
How's it going Newhomesforsale? I know you hate when people ask ya, but, any bites yet? How about lookers? I'm still sitting here waiting for no one. I'm just wondering how the northern part of the state is fairing. There are 5 new homes listed in my neighborhood. I'm not to worried about them though, considering I have the best lot that still no one wants to buy.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:51 PM

741 posts, read 3,510,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
How's it going Newhomesforsale? I know you hate when people ask ya, but, any bites yet? How about lookers? I'm still sitting here waiting for no one. I'm just wondering how the northern part of the state is fairing. There are 5 new homes listed in my neighborhood. I'm not to worried about them though, considering I have the best lot that still no one wants to buy.
I got negative rep points for being "sneaky" and bumping up your thread! That's the message they left me, I'm a "SNEAK" for seeing how Northern NJ's real estate market is. Give me a break. Want to hit me again go right ahead. I personally dont care about the "bogus" rep points! So go ahead and give me more negatives. Why don't you leave your name with your "sneaky" comment? Afraid I'm gonna hit your points?

Old 09-10-2006, 08:37 PM

Talking Immature cowards

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty nj View Post
I got negative rep points for being "sneaky" and bumping up your thread! That's the message they left me, I'm a "SNEAK" for seeing how Northern NJ's real estate market is. Give me a break. Want to hit me again go right ahead. I personally dont care about the "bogus" rep points! So go ahead and give me more negatives. Why don't you leave your name with your "sneaky" comment? Afraid I'm gonna hit your points?
Hi Patty- Oh this is too funny. I'm sorry that some annonymous immature coward gave you negative reps. and left you with that stupid reason. No name? It Figures. What a bunch of cowards & two faces. They did the same thing to me. But ummm do I care? Helloooooo... Get a life. (not u Patty) I am Sorry they did this to you PattyNJ. I sincerely thank you for the response.

Everything is going GREAT over here. Lots more showings. Even a potential buyer. So you know how it goes with a Property on the market. I've been busy with family, kids, friends, rentals, repairs, etc . LIFE in general. I have not had time to sit on this forum & read much of the trash talk. I took the advice & started to ignore certain individuals. I'm much happier this way. No need for me to defend my state. I know who I am. I don't need to paint a rosey picture of myself. WYSIWYG - lol - Remember that ? What You See Is What You Get? Oh thats so old !! lol

So sit tight- As I have said ALL ALONG- things will get better. I have been upbeat & positive in all my posts. You have to be. Otherwise, the negative will drag you down with them.

So I'm not sure if I am considered Central NJ or Southern NJ but the market DID indeed pick up over here.
I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how things turn out for you. Write back LOL !!!!!!!!

Last edited by NewHomeHappy; 09-10-2006 at 08:45 PM..

Old 09-11-2006, 11:32 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
How's everything going NewHomes??? I haven't been in this thread for awhile...sorry I'm off to bed in a few but I wanted to see where you stood with the house issue. Just so you know (I don't know if this will help or hurt you...but I'll be honest) I was on the MLS last night and there really are so many homes that have been on FOREVER. I was really only checking Passaic and Sussex Counties for someone however, there are some homes that have been on for 165 days, even 200 days, etc. Some of the homes have even come down $20,000 to $50,000 (I was very surprised at that). I don't want to rain on your parade with that news, but I wanted to tell you so that you don't think you're nuts and cause yourself more stress wondering. It's everywhere, babe....stick it out and you'll do fine. Keep your chin up girlfriend.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:34 PM

2,098 posts, read 6,329,602 times
Ps. Patty, I just read your previous post, so I hope what I said gives you insight as to what's going on up in Northern Jersey too....not moving too fast at all.

NewHomes: You're considered South Jersey. Central is Ocean, Monmouth, Middlesex, etc. It's probably picking up because everyone's considering Philly for work while living in Jersey. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2006, 09:03 PM

Wink More lessons

Thanks for checking in on me Pixie
You better be careful though, did you read about what they did to Pattynj ? The nerve ! lol...I say : G.A.L (get a life) Not directed to you dear, no no, not at all. But I really like that saying, don't you?
It's so Jersey !
Anyhoo- funny you should say that about people wanting to work in Philly yet live in NJ. That's exactly what we are getting ! Working couples w/ kids. Work in Philly & want a human commute to home & work.

But here's what I have learned recently, ya can't please everyone. I have to laugh though, one couple said dissappointly "Ohhhh you have a finished basement?" Tsk tsk too bad. We didn't WANT a finished basment. ??huh??

Then another couple w/ FIVE kids looked at our 4 bdrm home & said "Uhhhhh (more like Duhhh) it's too small." (no sheet sherlock )

Another couple loved the house. But said, "Ohhhh such a big backyard" My response: HELLO? Didn't ya read the MLS? It says "1.5 acres" What did you THINK 1.5 acres looked like?

It's comical, but as you can see, I'm making the best of it. Ya gotta laugh. Even if it means to laugh at yourself sometimes. I do that often as well I need to start packing my house up soon. We are closing at the end of the month & I don't want anything to ruin my favorite Holiday of the year.
Halloween !!
It's when I fly thru the air on my gas guzzling SUV broomstick while mindlessly yapping on my skullphone to all my goblin feinds. At midnight we frolick thru the industrial wastelands and drink toxic NJ jello shots.....lol....No I have not completely lost it. Not yet. I'm just having fun. We are allowed to do that here? Right?

I absolutely love Halloween.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 AM

Talking Why is it.....

....that as soon as you take a deposit, go to attorney review, process the paperwork and settle on a price; the buyers start calling? Now every Tom, Tick & Harry want to see my house.
What's up with that? Has this happened to you?

To top it all off, we all have colds, there are boxes everywhere, and I'm catering an event on Saturday so my kitchen (now clean as a whistle) still smells like quiche. LOL...

So my good news to all is that things are not so bleak as everyone wants you to believe. There are buyers out there. Houses ARE selling. It does take time though. Not as easy & quick as it was last year.

Thank goodness for all the GOOD people here. Thank you for holding my hand through the tough days How many times have I said Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People DO?
So to all those still on the market, I wish you well. Just a thought, I wonder how many of my curious neighbors are on this forum?Well, Happy Sales!! I'll keep you updated on how things progress in the next few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia