Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 06:26 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times

Advertisements

$200 million for transit and highways in South Jersey | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/07/2010

There you go SJ , your money for new Transit and better roads is coming. We didn't forget about you guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 05:00 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,878,330 times
you are from Washington township.. You are SJ too. Im confused about your statement..

Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
you are from Washington township.. You are SJ too. Im confused about your statement..
haha , My WT is exit 168 off the GSP and the most populated one. But i know what which one your talking about.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,687,668 times
Nice to see that they are moving ahead with fixing the mess that is the 295/76/42 interchange.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Nice to see that they are moving ahead with fixing the mess that is the 295/76/42 interchange.
Goat, my family moved to South Jersey in 1964. That mess was supposed to be temporary. Think of all of the billions poured into North Jersey roads in the interim. That mess was one of the rallying points when the South Jersey counties tried to secede.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Goat, my family moved to South Jersey in 1964. That mess was supposed to be temporary. Think of all of the billions poured into North Jersey roads in the interim. That mess was one of the rallying points when the South Jersey counties tried to secede.
Yeah I know this intersection has been debated forever. It's only gotten worse and worse over the years especially with the growth of Washington Twp. and the areas south of the interchange. Everday I pay $2.20 roundtrip to take the Turnpike and avoid that cluster.

It will be nice to finally see it done. I had mistakenly thought that the current project was tied to this as they talked about both in all of the articles I read. It's nice to see the project that will actually impact everyone in the area has gotten the funding it needs.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know this intersection has been debated forever. It's only gotten worse and worse over the years especially with the growth of Washington Twp. and the areas south of the interchange. Everday I pay $2.20 roundtrip to take the Turnpike and avoid that cluster.

It will be nice to finally see it done. I had mistakenly thought that the current project was tied to this as they talked about both in all of the articles I read. It's nice to see the project that will actually impact everyone in the area has gotten the funding it needs.
LOL, they've promised for years & years. (decades, really) When they pulled the secession question off of our ballots, they promised.

If Christie is coughing up the money now, it makes me wonder, is the talk of seccession ramping up again? (It's never really gone away. . . )

Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 AM

I hear it mentioned every once in a while. I think people in South Jersey wouldn't necessarily be against it as we essentially subsidize North Jersey. No talk quite as serious to warrant a ballot question, but as you said, most people here still don't see why they aren't seperate.

I heard someone joking on the radio that if Puerto Rico becomes a state, we should dissolve NJ and make everything north of 195 part of New York and everything south of 195 part of PA so we don't have to make new flags.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I hear it mentioned every once in a while. I think people in South Jersey wouldn't necessarily be against it as we essentially subsidize North Jersey. No talk quite as serious to warrant a ballot question, but as you said, most people here still don't see why they aren't seperate.

I heard someone joking on the radio that if Puerto Rico becomes a state, we should dissolve NJ and make everything north of 195 part of New York and everything south of 195 part of PA so we don't have to make new flags.
LOL

Well, I know it's never gone away. Y'know those Confederate battle flags that you see around on car bumpers, etc.? The stars & bars were adopted by some of the folks who wanted to separate. That doesn't means that that's who's driving the car 100% of the time, but there's a good chance.

I figured that I'd ask since fixing that mess at 295/42 was supposed to have been done when they stopped us from separating. If Christie is forking over the money now, there's a reason.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM

I'm not really sure exactly why the money finally got allocated. If it is political it may have as much to do with the Republican party making a lot of inroads into areas that until recently were extremely in favor of the Democrats in South Jersey as it is with our threats of secession.

In the past couple of elections the Republicans went from an also ran to getting within a few % of winning in traditional Democrat areas. A large chunk of South Jersey also supported Christie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia