Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 07:47 AM

315 posts, read 871,559 times

Advertisements

Depends on what you like and what your used to- take away family and friends- and go from there>>>

Myself- - yankees/ Giants
-------- NYC 10 min,ts away
-------- I can do without WAwa,S
------- S.Jersey> to closeTo Philly- the weekday Daily News is like 5 pages
--------- I can keep my edge without explaining myself> with all the traffic and fast past doings that I love to stress about** believe me we live on the edge more up here
--------- And if I decide to venture down to the shore- its a vacation type scene in the same state- - which is OK(except for the shore folks who dont want to share the ocean with anyone above perth amboy)
------- More diverse cities- to enjoy and compain about
-------
See, I can justify my attitude up here, people understand- Down in S.Jersey I think I could be lulled into letting my guard down- possibly into mellowness

Give me Kaos- anytime**- with 2 weeks off to walk the boards

Last edited by tceffo; 08-03-2010 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post
Depends on what you like and what your used to- take away family and friends- and go from there>>>

--------- I can keep my edge without explaining myself> with all the traffic and fast past doings that I love to stress about** believe me we live on the edge more up here
--------- And if I decide to venture down to the shore- its a vacation type scene in the same state- - which is OK(except for the shore folks who dont want to share the ocean with anyone above perth amboy)
-------
See, I can justify my attitude up here, people understand- Down in S.Jersey I think I could be lulled into letting my guard down- possibly into mellowness

lol that about sums it up.. Very funny stuff!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:34 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tceffo View Post

-------

Of course you can do without WaWas because they're nice.

ROFLMAO, you think that the Daily News is the measure of something, or is the Inquirer over your head? If that's all that you know about Philly, do yourself a favor & keep it to yourself.

Translation: I can be rude without getting called on it. Believe me, people in South Jersey are not interested in living on the edge. Really. We're good to go without it.

Really, if you go & are nice to them, they'll be nice to you. Honestly, no one likes tourists who think that they're superior & think it's OK to be rude. It's their town. As a tourist, you are their guest, but if you don't act like a guest, don't expect to be treated as one.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
this thread caught my eye at the top of the main NJ board, and lookee here, we got a fight. how surprising.

let's put it this way:

I'd rather live in Cinnaminson than Newark.
I'd rather live in Montclair than Camden.
I'd rather live in MooresTOWN than Paterson.
I'd rather live in Westfield than Willingboro.

Any other questions?

Last edited by tahiti; 08-03-2010 at 12:14 PM..

Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM

yea.. Where IS Mooresville

Old 08-03-2010, 11:59 AM

all I have to say is that us south jerseyians laugh at the 'Housewives of New Jersey'... If that whats you have up there, representing you, we will gladly stay down here

Old 08-03-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
yea.. Where IS Mooresville
NC - north of Charlotte, south of Greensboro. It's a big NASCAR place & headquarters for Lowes.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
NC - north of Charlotte, south of Greensboro. It's a big NASCAR place & headquarters for Lowes.
yeah, i have a friend there and instinctively wrote that originally.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
yeah, i have a friend there and instinctively wrote that originally.
Maybe your friend was on your mind.

I've done that sort of thing more than once.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:59 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,187 times
You know, it's really surprising how ignorant people in this state are of the other half. Although I will say, North Jersey seems to know less about South Jersey than the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia