Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 07:20 PM

36 posts, read 176,583 times

Advertisements

My dh and I are flying up tomorrow to stay for a long weekend to look at rental homes. We've been working closely with our realtor, and he's sent me more homes than I know what to do with. I'm trying to narrow down the list, and I have a question about a couple of specific addresses of houses that seem a little too good for the price, so I'm curious about the area.

One is near Newton lake in Haddon twp. the specific address is:
1222 Newton Ave.
Haddon Twp. NJ 08107

The other is:
1205 Grant Ave.
Haddon twp. NJ

Also, how is Delran, NJ? I hadn't heard much about that town.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
My dh and I are flying up tomorrow to stay for a long weekend to look at rental homes. We've been working closely with our realtor, and he's sent me more homes than I know what to do with. I'm trying to narrow down the list, and I have a question about a couple of specific addresses of houses that seem a little too good for the price, so I'm curious about the area.

1222 Newton Ave.
Haddon Twp. NJ 08107

The other is:
1205 Grant Ave.
Haddon twp. NJ

Thanks so much!
I don't know much about Haddon Twp except that it contains Westmont which is a little main street area next to Haddonfield which has a place called Franco's which is know for their Panzarottis. Other than that I only know of Haddon from what I read here and judging by that it seems like decent area that isn't spectacular, but solid, middle class.

Delran is pretty decent. It's up on Rt 130 and has lots of mid-60s houses, splits, ranches, colonials etc. And you'll probably get more bang for you buck there than Haddon Twp most likely since this is Burlington County and Haddon is Camden County. Also look at Cinnaminson, located directly south of Delran on Rt 130.

Where will you be working?

Old 08-04-2010, 07:37 PM

My husband will be working in Cherry Hill, I stay home with our little ones. Thanks for the insight!

Old 08-04-2010, 07:39 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:

1222 Newton Ave.
Haddon Twp. NJ 08107

The other is:
1205 Grant Ave.
Haddon twp. NJ

Thanks so much!
Delran is fine.

The Newton Lake area is also fine.

Do yourself a favor & if you like Asian food, go to Oriental Pearl in Haddonfield. I can't think of a better place for you to have a meal. I think it will make you feel good about the move.

The menu is on this website. Haddonfield Menus – Restaurants in Haddonfield New Jersey - Findmymenus.com The rest of the meals are your choice. Oriental Pearl is my favorite restaurant & over the years I've taken guests from all over to it & every one loved the place.

I hope that everything works out perfectly for you.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Thanks southbound, you've been such a big help! I'll have to talk DH into going to that restaurant, he just asked me today if I'd been "researching" places to eat since his company is paying

Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Thanks southbound, you've been such a big help! I'll have to talk DH into going to that restaurant, he just asked me today if I'd been "researching" places to eat since his company is paying
You're welcome.

Well. . . I'll also get you the menu for King of Pizza.

I'll check to see if there's anyplace else. I'm sure that the guys will have recommendations.

Last edited by southbound_295; 08-04-2010 at 08:45 PM..

Old 08-04-2010, 08:45 PM

OK, here's King of Pizza. King of Pizza - The Famous & Original - Cherry Hill, NJ

My favorite Italian restaurant is closed (They must have retired.) Here's a Thai restaurant. It's in a shopping center but is very good. Thai Orchid - From $10 - Read all reviews for Thai Orchid - UpTake.com

The guys will probably be able to tell you someplace more expensive. Ya need one expensive meal when the company picks up the tab.

I'm just glad to be of some help.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:25 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,345,692 times
Those are in Haddon Twp.? I'm not extremely familiar with the area, but just google mapping it the addresses come up as Oaklyn and on the map they look to be in "West Collingswood"...I never even knew there was a West Collingswood. They also look like they are very close to 130 which is a pretty heavily traveled road.

Not that Oaklyn is bad, but it seems like a case of listing it as Haddon Twp just to make it sound better.

Edit: Although looking at one of them online it does say Haddon Twp schools so I dunno...

Old 08-04-2010, 10:07 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,032 times
West Collingswood is the part of Haddon Twp thats not attached to the downtown (Westmont)

Old 08-04-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Those are in Haddon Twp.? I'm not extremely familiar with the area, but just google mapping it the addresses come up as Oaklyn and on the map they look to be in "West Collingswood"...I never even knew there was a West Collingswood. They also look like they are very close to 130 which is a pretty heavily traveled road.

Not that Oaklyn is bad, but it seems like a case of listing it as Haddon Twp just to make it sound better.

Edit: Although looking at one of them online it does say Haddon Twp schools so I dunno...
Haddon Twp is not all in one piece. This isn't the most popular part of Haddon Twp. The preferred part is adjacent to Haddonfield.

If the OP has a question in her mind when she sees the neighborhood, she should call the Haddon Twp PD & ask about the neighborhood, but it should be fine.

I hope that the house in Erlton & the house in Haddonfield are on the list, if they're still available. Those two are the best locations.

Last edited by southbound_295; 08-04-2010 at 10:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia