Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:42 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So where is the best sushi around Marlton?
I'd give Oriental Pearl a try. I've taken a couple of dozen people there & used to pickup take out for people I worked with & never got anything but rave reviews. I haven't had their sushi, but everything else is good. Oriental Pearl Restaurant – Haddonfield New Jersey Restaurant Menus - Haddonfieldmenus.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 AM

212 posts, read 610,754 times
For sushi, check out Sagami in Collingswood, definitely worth the drive IMO.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
So where is the best sushi around Marlton?
My friend swears by Fuji in Haddonfield.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:54 AM

889 posts, read 2,575,277 times
Your description is exactly what the people on this website live for: Roadfood.com - The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
Now what I'm looking for are any restaurants (hole in the wall type places) that are yummy. We went to ....

Old 08-28-2010, 08:20 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeAye Native View Post
Your description is exactly what the people on this website live for: Roadfood.com - The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America,
Go to Ott's Greentop on Rt. 73 in West Berlin. You passed it on the way to WalMart. The indoor bar and dining area is not very large and rather dated, but the staff is friendly and courteous... and they have pool tables! They also have a lovely new outdoor deck/bar.

There are lots of little places in the area; The Golden Nugget in Berlin and Sally Starr's in Atco, Rack's on Rt. 30 in Atco and Victory Lane in West Berlin on 73. There are many more; you'll find then eventually.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:48 PM

36 posts, read 176,606 times
What about Wawa? What's good to get there? I think I've heard someone mention that their hoagies are awesome? Fill me in!

Old 08-30-2010, 06:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
What about Wawa? What's good to get there? I think I've heard someone mention that their hoagies are awesome? Fill me in!
You won't believe your eyes when you go into a WaWa. I'm not a coffee drinker, but all of the coffee drinkers who I know swear by theirs. Hoagies & meatball sandwiches are fine. WaWa does not take the place of a hole in the wall hoagie shop, but it will do just fine.

LOL, transplants to Charlotte who are familiar with WaWa, are begging them to come down I 85. After you've tried WaWa let me know what you think, but I think that they'd clean up in NC. Right now, the last one, going south is in not far from the 85/95 split.

Overall, is South Jersey less different than you thought it would be, at first?

Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
I love wawa coffee. I will take it every day over Starbucks or any place like that. Subs are pretty good. I wouldn't say better than a really good sub shop, but definitely a B+ in my book.

They have some kind of make your own shake contraption that is supposed to be pretty good as well. I've never tried it though.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:27 PM

50,799 posts, read 36,501,346 times
My niece's LOVE the shakes! Wawa is my favorite coffee, they have a lot of flavors and a lot of creamer flavors and I can do it up myself (unlike DD, where apparently I can't be trusted with the Splenda). The hoagies aren't as good as a hoagie shop BUT you can get them 24 hours a day and it's quick and convenient. They even have whole wheat rolls if you want them.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 AM

36 posts, read 176,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Overall, is South Jersey less different than you thought it would be, at first?
Hmm...I don't know. I think it is pretty different for us at least. Some things I like better, some less. I have taken the girls to the library here in Burlington County, and I like the libraries better, more programs for little ones. I'm still trying to decide which grocery store I like best for deals (I'm a couponer). I guess the big difference for me are the shopping centers. I love the Promenade and one of the nice ones in Cherry Hill (the one with the Wegmans), which are very much like the shopping centers in Raleigh. I just HATE seeing the other run down centers with closed up buildings and that kind of thing. I guess it's because Raleigh is such a NEW city as far as growth, a lot of things there are so new and here, not so much.

The girls and I drove over to the farmers market in Berlin and I didn't even get out of the car. I just didn't feel safe. We're hoping to try the Columbus market soon. We went to Johnson's corner farm and LOVED IT. We will definitely be making many trips there over the coming months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia