Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:11 PM

745 posts, read 1,439,366 times

Advertisements

Can anybody highly recommend a contractor and/or designer to renovate a home? This is what I might need: reconfigure a bathroom, remove a bathroom and wall and update a kitchen as well as refinish hardwood floors. I realize I will need a few different people for their specialities. I have great ideas for what I want and I'm not sure how much I can do on my own or if that is the smart way about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 PM

584 posts, read 1,426,370 times
Can't recommend anyone for the bathroom, but we just had our old hardwood floors refinished. We used Henry's in Haddon Township. He received numerous rave reviews on Angies list. We were thrilled with his work. The guys did an amazing job, they were reliable, efficient, and the prices were VERY competitive. We're going to use them again when we re-do our staircase.

Floor Restoration Haddon Township, NJ - Henry (http://henrysfloorsanding.com/index.htm - broken link)

Old 11-17-2010, 04:49 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,895,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Can anybody highly recommend a contractor and/or designer to renovate a home? This is what I might need: reconfigure a bathroom, remove a bathroom and wall and update a kitchen as well as refinish hardwood floors. I realize I will need a few different people for their specialities. I have great ideas for what I want and I'm not sure how much I can do on my own or if that is the smart way about it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I have a good friend who is a general contractor and could do everything you want.. He is over in Philly if your interested. He is highly recommended by me and does excellent work. Contact me via pm if you want his name/number

Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,700,086 times
A local contractor that has gotten solid feedback is Kunkel out of Haddon Heights. He owns the restaurant "Kunkels" on Kings Highway as well. He is surely worth a call. He is the type of guy who will come out and determine everything you need and he will hire all the guys to do it. (General Contractor) If you try to piece meal the work with each labor group it will be a pain to line it all up. I am doing just a small bathroom reno and dealing with just 2 contractors timing has been a pain.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:01 PM

21 posts, read 47,362 times
For the flooring I highly recommend Victorian Floor Finishing in Collingswood. They refinished the hardwood floors in our 1920's home and they came out beautifully. They won't be the cheapest quote which is why we ended up going with another company. But after they butchered the second floor, we had Victorian come in and do the first floor.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:04 AM

745 posts, read 1,439,366 times
Thanks a lot! I will definitely get quotes.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:19 PM

212 posts, read 611,132 times
If you're still looking, I've seen a number of neighbors in Collingswood use Cipriani Builders Home Improvement Remodeling Additions Kitchens Bathrooms & Flooring Results were nice looking and they appeared to work quickly.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 AM

93 posts, read 236,288 times
must be nice to be living in Haddonfield!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:38 AM

584 posts, read 1,426,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenj View Post
must be nice to be living in Haddonfield!
Haddonfield is a beautiful community

Old 12-13-2010, 08:46 AM

93 posts, read 236,288 times
I'm not saying Haddonfield isn't beautiful,it really is,houses are so big,my old boss lives there still.It's kinda like Collingswood,but more expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia