Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

14 posts, read 19,910 times

Advertisements

Verchios is your best bet without a car. Its really close to Westville (if not in Westville). We got enough produce for a week for the 4 of us for $14. Also Philly is just a short bus ride away and super easy if you're in Westville. Which you've probably figured out since the op.
My husband and just bought a home in Woodbury and are starting to explore our options with coops in the area.
There's a wonderful Amish market in Mullica Hill straight down rt 45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 07:49 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exit20 View Post
There's a wonderful Amish market in Mullica Hill straight down rt 45.
Just to add. I recently saw signs on Route 130 near Collings Ave. for a new Amish Market in what is technically Haddon Twp. It is being built on the grounds of the old drive-in movie theater. So, for folks in the immediate Philly area, that will be their closest option sometime in the future.

I couldn't find much online other then a basic website that shows an artist conception of the market and has areas where you can provide contact information for opening a store. There's apparently going to be space for 300 outdoor flea market vendors and 100 indoor stores that will be open year round:

Home Page

Old 08-03-2012, 09:49 AM

14 posts, read 19,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Just to add. I recently saw signs on Route 130 near Collings Ave. for a new Amish Market in what is technically Haddon Twp. It is being built on the grounds of the old drive-in movie theater. So, for folks in the immediate Philly area, that will be their closest option sometime in the future.

I couldn't find much online other then a basic website that shows an artist conception of the market and has areas where you can provide contact information for opening a store. There's apparently going to be space for 300 outdoor flea market vendors and 100 indoor stores that will be open year round:

Home Page
Nice, I'll keep an eye out for this...thanks!!

Old 08-03-2012, 11:40 AM

155 posts, read 372,113 times
Haddonfield has a nice farmers market on the weekends.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:12 PM

255 posts, read 535,860 times
When I grow my own veggies I go organic, at the market it's whatever .. just fresh. With that in mind check out am asian supermarket, Sun Seng, on Rt 38 in Pennsauken. 130 to airport circle, 38 to the first light @ Mansion Blvd, loop back to the airport circle thru the jug handle it's a quarter of a mile on the right. Amazing selection of beautiful fresh veggies and fish ... even live fish and frogs ( if not vegan ;-) ).
Rinse, lather, relax.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrumpster View Post
When I grow my own veggies I go organic, at the market it's whatever .. just fresh. With that in mind check out am asian supermarket, Sun Seng, on Rt 38 in Pennsauken. 130 to airport circle, 38 to the first light @ Mansion Blvd, loop back to the airport circle thru the jug handle it's a quarter of a mile on the right. Amazing selection of beautiful fresh veggies and fish ... even live fish and frogs ( if not vegan ;-) ).
Rinse, lather, relax.
Since you mentioned organic and we had been talking about Amish markets, I think it's worth it to point out that Amish products are NOT organic in any way, shape or form. A lot of people have this notion that they are "organic" or "natural" but the truth is that Amish farmers use of all the same pesticides, antibiotics, etc. that 'regular' farmers do. Head up to Lancaster and you'll see plenty of draft animals pulling carts with giant plastic drums of pesticide as they treat their fields. The Amish are a unique bunch and every community is a little different, but the ones that are selling things at the Stolzfus markets don't exactly shun modern things, especially in the realm of treating their livestock and crops with decidedly unorganic things.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,698,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

Home Page
Do you know the exact location of where it is planning to be?
Any info on opening?

Old 08-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatasNJ View Post
Do you know the exact location of where it is planning to be?
Any info on opening?
Here are the google map coordinates for the property where the sign is located:

39.909415,-75.096016

It basically lies north of Grant Ave. between 168/Mount Ephraim Ave. and Route 130. I believe it used to be an old drive-in movie theater, but who knows what it was after that. AFAIK the property has been abandoned for a long time. The location places it in what is technically part of Haddon Twp. and directly across from the Pathmark in the Fairview section of Camden on 168/Mount Ephraim Ave. Given how 130 is at that exact point, I think the entrance to the market is going to be from 168/Mount Ephraim Ave. and the buildings along the bottom edge of the property are going to become the indoor market.

As for when it might be opening, I honestly have no idea. I drive down that section of 130 everyday on my way home and just noticed the sign a little while ago and then found that very basic website about it.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,476 times
Default Amish Market

It is being built at the Dinaso Building Supply Location off Mt Ephraim Ave. I worked their a fewyears. It is scheduled to be open Oct-Nov

Old 08-20-2012, 06:34 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
This is good news.. cant wait for this to open
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia