Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,489,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
But wouldn't it be common courtesy to let the person park in the spot they dug out? I think both saving spots with a chair and getting mad when someone parks on the street in front of your house is stupid, but IMO, someone that digs their car out of the spot has more "right" to the spot than someone whose house happens to be even with that spot.
I would agree with you on that. The person who puts in the effort should have first shot at "their" spot. The problem comes in when people don't abide by that "rule". I think if you live in an area where this is a problem, you are pretty much SOL and at the mercy of your neighbors being considerate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 10:21 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,256,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I would agree with you on that. The person who puts in the effort should have first shot at "their" spot. The problem comes in when people don't abide by that "rule". I think if you live in an area where this is a problem, you are pretty much SOL and at the mercy of your neighbors being considerate.
Yeah, it just gets tricky if say, you don't want to be rude by putting a chair out, but then someone parks in "your" spot, so you're forced to park in "somebody else's" spot, and so on and so on...

Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,786,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Yeah, it just gets tricky if say, you don't want to be rude by putting a chair out, but then someone parks in "your" spot, so you're forced to park in "somebody else's" spot, and so on and so on...
when we lived in the city we had neighbors that saved spots with cones until way after the snow was gone .. And when I questioned him he started screaming at me and dared me to hit me.. Then threatened me with a lawsuit if I did.. Lovely people. Knew em for 20 years too..

Old 01-11-2011, 03:36 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,687,907 times
People suck.

Old 01-12-2011, 01:54 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,871,478 times
My thoughts are thus. I don't see anything wrong with putting something in a spot to try and deter others from taking it. At the same time, you need to take it lightly and if someone takes your spot anyway, tough nuts for you.

Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM

1 posts, read 610 times
most of the people against this law are ignorant to the fact most people that even have the audacity to claim a spot they "shoveled for 3 hours", try to claim that spot for weeks after the snow. on my block no one even uses their driveway, which i dont understand,and some of the houses save 4 spots a piece.. it's insane.. i live in mayfair in philly,.. who the hell digs out snow for 3 hours?? are you shoveling the whole neighborhood? even in our worst storm in years its never taken more than 15 or 20 minutes to shovel...if you are elderly or have a handicapped housemember, us neighbors usually leave you a spot out of courtesy.. if you are under 50, and in fine health with a chair on my block and no spots open for me with your wife and childrens cars already on the block and none in your driveway, when i leave for work the next day you can have whats left of your chair or trashcan from under my truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia