U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 09:58 AM

4 posts, read 14,704 times

Advertisements

its located in Camden county and i heard Camden is bad but i doubt every town within the county is bad is it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 01:00 PM

14,781 posts, read 38,570,217 times
I posted this on the thread you made on the main NJ page:

As to your question, no not every town in Camden County is bad. Camden County also includes Cherry Hill, Haddonfield and Voorhees, all affluent upper middle class suburbs. There are also countless other great communities that span the socio-economic bracket.

When it comes to Pine Hill, it's not really a bad community, unless your priority is good schools. So, it is a safe decent town, a little out of the way from the main communities in Camden County. It's only real flaw is the school system, which is not nearly as good as a lot of other districts in the area. So, if you don't care about the schools, it's worth a look.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:48 PM

6 posts, read 27,226 times
I wouldn't rush to live there. I've visited roughly 10 times on different days of the week during different hours. There are decent areas and there are not so great areas. I've also passed through the area 40-50 times and never saw anything that stood out to me as "move here".

But housing is affordable.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:51 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,699,177 times
I think the best way to describe Pine Hill is blue collar. It's not bad, and I never felt unsafe there. I have 2 friends (gay couple) who own a home out there. They've been there for like 3 years and haven't had any trouble with anyone. So open minded blue collar town?

Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 PM

689 posts, read 2,145,410 times
I agree very much so with the above answer, regarding it being blue collar.. It's by no means bad. And it's no where near Camden actually, as far from Camden in that county as you can get - it's practically Gloucester county.

Old 03-24-2011, 09:16 AM

364 posts, read 1,074,200 times
We are looking at this area, too - Camden county not Pine Hill. From what I am finding, people seem to think that Camden itself is bad, but the County is very big so not all of it would be "bad". If I could tag onto your thread, a friend of mine who lived in NJ a while ago said she heard a lot of bad stuff about Cherry Hill. Is that true? Plus I guess it depends upon your definition of bad: are you talking crime rates, school ratings, poor goverment, inconsiderate people....?

Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM

23,565 posts, read 29,784,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
We are looking at this area, too - Camden county not Pine Hill. From what I am finding, people seem to think that Camden itself is bad, but the County is very big so not all of it would be "bad". If I could tag onto your thread, a friend of mine who lived in NJ a while ago said she heard a lot of bad stuff about Cherry Hill. Is that true? Plus I guess it depends upon your definition of bad: are you talking crime rates, school ratings, poor goverment, inconsiderate people....?
Try bad traffic.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:31 AM

14,781 posts, read 38,570,217 times
There isn't much "bad" about Cherry Hill in anyones objective view. Low crime, great schools, solid property values, decent and responsive government. Probably the only bad may be some peoples attitudes (where isn't that an issue?), congestion and property taxes.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 AM

364 posts, read 1,074,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Try bad traffic.
LOL, okay I am sorry about that. I honestly hadn't intended to post the same comment in three different threads.

Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 AM

7,780 posts, read 19,582,628 times
as far as shopping, Cherry hill can't be beat either..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia