Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 AM

6 posts, read 18,341 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a relocation. I would be working in Trenton and my husband would be working in Philly. Ideally we would live closer to my job (no more than 20 min commute or so) but my husband could tolerate a longer drive (45 minor so). We have a 3 yo daughter so school a good school system is preferable. Our budget is 5550-650K.

We are origionally from Philly but we've been living out of the area for a few years. Some of the towns we liked near Philly include Haddonfield, Media, Havertown. We liked them b/c they have a nice downtown center with some resturants etc, good schools and an easy commute. However, they are all a bit too far to Trenton. We would not consider NE Philly.

Any advice on where a good place to start our search would be?

Thanks so much

(on the advice of another member I reposted this from the general NJ board. Thanks again for any advice)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Anything along the 295 corrider from Haddonfield down to Mt Holly on the Jersey side would probably work.

Also you may want to consider Newtown/Yardley on the PA side considering your price range.

Newtown/Yardley may be the 20 mins for you and ~45 for him

Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
For schools, I'd say Cinnaminson, Moorestown, Cherry Hill, & Haddonfield, but that does not fit your timeline very well, so I agree that you should look first in Bucks County.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:03 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times
Anywhere along the River line you can get to Trenton on the train.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:24 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
Anywhere along the River line you can get to Trenton on the train.

good point Bill. I was not gonna recommend Haddonfield and Deleware county ares due to that she is not gonna get to Trenton in 20 minutes.. Cinniminson by car its a 40 minute trip and maybe 30 by train..

Really the only area that fits her commute time table is Yardley area

Old 04-24-2011, 12:50 PM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times
Maybe something like Bordentown?

Old 04-24-2011, 04:21 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
My family is considering a relocation. I would be working in Trenton and my husband would be working in Philly. Ideally we would live closer to my job (no more than 20 min commute or so) but my husband could tolerate a longer drive (45 minor so). We have a 3 yo daughter so school a good school system is preferable. Our budget is 5550-650K.

We are origionally from Philly but we've been living out of the area for a few years. Some of the towns we liked near Philly include Haddonfield, Media, Havertown. We liked them b/c they have a nice downtown center with some resturants etc, good schools and an easy commute. However, they are all a bit too far to Trenton. We would not consider NE Philly.

Any advice on where a good place to start our search would be?

Thanks so much

(on the advice of another member I reposted this from the general NJ board. Thanks again for any advice)
I swear if I had my way with septa you wont even need to drive in bucks county as much as u need to now

Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Princeton? Easy shot to Trenton and husband could take SEPTA Regional from Trenton to Philly, assuming he works somewhere near a transit stop.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:51 PM

6 posts, read 18,341 times
Thank you for the advise. I'd been looking at Yardly and Newton. Where/What exactly is the "River Line"

How about Bensalem? Is this a good town? It seems to be right between Trenton and Philly. How are the schools.

Thanks again.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolakat View Post
Thank you for the advise. I'd been looking at Yardly and Newton. Where/What exactly is the "River Line"

How about Bensalem? Is this a good town? It seems to be right between Trenton and Philly. How are the schools.

Thanks again.
Not sure on Bensalem.

The River Line is a light rail service that runs along the Delaware River from Trenton to Camden, with stops in most communities along the way.

You can go to the NJ Transit site for more information and a system map: New Jersey Transit - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia