Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:04 PM

93 posts, read 235,644 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any reasonable ones in Camden or Gloucester county?Not looking for the big ones like Macco,Collision Experts,etc.,or even Elmers,lol.Just need to find a "mom & pop" shop around here for a repair for my son's car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,515,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenj View Post
Anyone know of any reasonable ones in Camden or Gloucester county?Not looking for the big ones like Macco,Collision Experts,etc.,or even Elmers,lol.Just need to find a "mom & pop" shop around here for a repair for my son's car.
I used to use Rodi's many years ago, but had a bad problem & quit using them. After that, I used the body shop connected to Cherry Hill Toyota, but I saw other cars besides Toyotas there. It's been a while, so I don't know it that's still the case. They were reasonable when I used them.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,818,978 times
I went to one in Delran that I was very happy with. Thats in Burlington county tho. Let me know if thats too far

Old 06-04-2011, 09:06 AM

584 posts, read 1,421,562 times
Fanelle's in Collingswood (on route 130) is really great. I've been going their consistently. They won't suggest services your car doesn't need, if you're on a budget will prioritize for you what's most important to get done, and if they don't do something right the first time - will continue to work (at no charge to you) until the problem is solved. I've been beyond pleased with the work they've done for me and their honesty. They replaced something for me on my car and it turned out the replacement part was faulty (the manufacturer sent them a faulty part). Long story short, they took my car back and worked on it for hours and didn't charge me a dime.

* Auto Engines Service And Repair - Collingswood, NJ - Fanelle's Auto Repair And Towing

Old 06-04-2011, 09:18 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,515,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by templeu View Post
Fanelle's in Collingswood (on route 130) is really great. I've been going their consistently. They won't suggest services your car doesn't need, if you're on a budget will prioritize for you what's most important to get done, and if they don't do something right the first time - will continue to work (at no charge to you) until the problem is solved. I've been beyond pleased with the work they've done for me and their honesty. They replaced something for me on my car and it turned out the replacement part was faulty (the manufacturer sent them a faulty part). Long story short, they took my car back and worked on it for hours and didn't charge me a dime.

* Auto Engines Service And Repair - Collingswood, NJ - Fanelle's Auto Repair And Towing
Do they do body work? That's what the OP is looking for. I didn't notice it mentioned on the website, but just glanced at it.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:24 AM

584 posts, read 1,421,562 times
Didn't catch that he wanted body work...was under the impression he was looking for general repair. Not sure about that...I've never had body work done to my car.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:49 AM

93 posts, read 235,644 times
Thanks for the info everyone.It's my son's 1st car,92 Ford Taurus,good running car.He was rear-ended on 295 in April.We got a check yesterday from the other guy's ins.co.We want to buy the rear bumper,taillight assembly & a panel from a scrap yard,then take it to a local mom & pop body shop to get the work done.Does John's Auto Body in Collingswood still exist today?I think an old friend of mine use to work there many moons ago,lol.Thinking about calling Walt's in Camden next week to see if they can help me with getting the parts.

Old 06-06-2011, 09:57 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,554,534 times
I'm not sure about John's in Collingswood, last I went by there it didn't look like they were open. I've used Beacon on 130 in Pennsauken in the past and was pleased with their work. They were also open to "alternatives" with the repairs on my Mustang. They are definitely a mom and pop place and are unaffiliated with insurance companies.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I'm not sure about John's in Collingswood, last I went by there it didn't look like they were open. I've used Beacon on 130 in Pennsauken in the past and was pleased with their work. They were also open to "alternatives" with the repairs on my Mustang. They are definitely a mom and pop place and are unaffiliated with insurance companies.
I know this is a late post but I believe John's in Collingswood on Cuthbert is now [url=http://collisionmax.com]CollisionMax[/url]. They're kinda big but family owned.

Last edited by Dracogto; 09-21-2011 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Link showing up weird

Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,554,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracogto View Post
I know this is a late post but I believe John's in Collingswood on Cuthbert is now CollisionMax. They're kinda big but family owned.
Ah, I didn't realize that the place that became Collision Max used to be John's. I thought he was referring to the place across the street from Elmer's on Route 130, which while not technically in Collingswood, was close enough, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia