U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2007, 10:46 PM

79 posts, read 493,443 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I live in Washington Township (gloucester county) and I am looking into purchasing a home in the near future. Since I am in no rush,(We are renting and lease expires in March of '08) I want to do my research on different towns. I came across of Williamstown and wanted to know if anyone had any info on schools, crimes and any other info.

Houses seems that they are reducing in prices, I guess b/c of the market, but taxes are not.

I am looking for a town that have great schools (two youngs girls ages:10 & 4) and low crimes.

any info. would be very helpful

Thanks-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM

5 posts, read 26,545 times
Yes, your right. Housing prices are dropping. Great for buyers! To find out information on schools in Williamstown try this link: Monroe Township Public Schools - Williamstown, New Jersey

Williamstown is a quite community. A lot of the schools are new. If you are planning to use a realtor to assist in your home search. please feel free to call me.

Patricia Evans
RE/MAX Xpressway
(C) 856.364.9051

Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM

299 posts, read 1,316,869 times
check with Williamstown's Chamber of Commerce and since you live so close you can go the the schools and request info ( also look around) - Schools seem good but haven't caught up with the reputation of Washington twp yet & don't know why. Won't be long before I'll be back in that area myself.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM

79 posts, read 493,443 times
I did researched on the schools, and they met my specifications.....Yes, they don't meet Washington twp yet, but Washington twp is getting too crowded. I just want to find out what section of Williamstown should I stick too or it doesn't matter.

Any more info. can be helpful..
Thanks-

Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 13,685 times
Default hopperhm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown29 View Post
Hi,

I live in Washington Township (gloucester county) and I am looking into purchasing a home in the near future. Since I am in no rush,(We are renting and lease expires in March of '08) I want to do my research on different towns. I came across of Williamstown and wanted to know if anyone had any info on schools, crimes and any other info.

Houses seems that they are reducing in prices, I guess b/c of the market, but taxes are not.

I am looking for a town that have great schools (two youngs girls ages:10 & 4) and low crimes.

any info. would be very helpful

Thanks-
i live in williamstown and if you thing washington twp schools are crowded so
are williamstown schools, however i have a junior and a 6th grade girl and i personnelly live the school systems that's why i have my house up for sale and moved in the same neighborhood to stay in williamstown. not only is williamstown schools got everything is here. but if you want to get away from croweded schools you should go south more like franklinville or sweetwater,batso

Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM

2 posts, read 13,685 times
hi, i live in williamstown and i have a son who's a junior and a daughter who's ain 6th grade and i love the school system it has its problems but not major just like any other school we are also croweded school but building onto our schools again but our taxes are going up all the time if i was you i look into further south franklinville, sweetwater,even hammonton and no its not all mexicans that go to school there

Old 08-13-2007, 11:05 AM

29 posts, read 138,878 times
Hello All,

My family and I just moved to Williamstown from Philadelphia. I chose Williamstown over Washington Twp because of the schools. My kids are 13 (7th grade) & 10 (5th grade) and Williamstown met all of our specifications. My kids are so happy that they'll attend public school and wear regular clothes (they're coming from catholic school) they don't know what to do with themselves. My son has already joined the football team over here (Braves) and we're looking into soccer for my daughter.

Yes, taxes are high, but it's cheaper than the tuition we were paying. Plus, we get a bigger house, plenty of yard and a nice place to call home.

MBrown29 I think we've spoke b4 a couple of months ago....I'm the one that purchased my home in Glen Eyre....feel free to PM me whenever you like.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:48 AM

23,410 posts, read 32,191,716 times
Thanks Rozzie, I will add it to my list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia