Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 02:01 PM

6 posts, read 29,958 times

Advertisements

Were you able to negotiate a good price in Willow Woods? I was originally looking at Wilton's corner but am also concerned about the area and it's future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 PM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwboi View Post
Were you able to negotiate a good price in Willow Woods? I was originally looking at Wilton's corner but am also concerned about the area and it's future.

Yes, we think we did good at Willow Woods.

Wilton's Corner was one that we walked on our 1st outing. IIRC the homes were close together. The homes at Willow Woods were much nicer then any we've seen with any other community. Orleans was the other we liked but they raised the price so much we couldn't buy there.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:54 AM

6 posts, read 29,958 times
I have a few more questions if you don't mind me asking. I've sent you a private message. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me at all. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Yes, we think we did good at Willow Woods.

Wilton's Corner was one that we walked on our 1st outing. IIRC the homes were close together. The homes at Willow Woods were much nicer then any we've seen with any other community. Orleans was the other we liked but they raised the price so much we couldn't buy there.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:12 PM

19 posts, read 59,540 times
Smile Winslow/Gloucester/Monroe Township

Hello,

I currently live in the suburbs of NY and I would like to move down to South Jersey. I visited three times and drove around different areas. Homes in Winsolw would most fit my budget, but I am concerned about the quality of life in the area. I am not looking for a new home and would consider one up to ten years old. I see a home in SheryLynn Woods that looks like what I am looking for but I am concerned about the schools. I visited Wilton's Corner and I was not impressed. I was quite disappointed. It looked to be overcrowded and I didn't feel it was worth the money to have such a small lot. The towns end so quickly, I was trying to get more feedback on how current residents feel about the area. I have two children 3 and 5 (5 year old is autistic) Recreation programs for the children are extremely important. I was wondering if there were any parents who could tell me about special education services or experiences with any of the town's therapeutic recreation programs.

Old 10-27-2007, 05:49 PM

23,789 posts, read 33,241,911 times
You might look in Brick. They are supposed to have a really good education system for autistic kids.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM

87 posts, read 332,103 times
Default Just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilo81 View Post
Winslow Twp in the last five years has gone down hill. Sicklerville has some real shady areas where most of the trouble comes from. At the high school they've had gang fights, bomb scares and fighting that have risen in the past few years. I remember Winslow Twp has a quiet open farm land town but now some parts resemble Camden. Do yourself a favor and look into Monroe, Washington Township, Gloucester Township, Mullica Hill or Pitman. All safe areas, good strong schools system and dedicated sports teams, that's my two cents.
IMHO,

Winslow Township - terrible high school (you almost think that they are trying to groom anti-social misfits), several semi-bad areas but lots of expensive new construction; the demographics will change drastically in the next 10 years

Monroe Township - upscale new construction (Carriage Glen, Richmond American, Savona on Corkey Lane, etc.), several large mobile home communities, lousy police dept, really annoying small airport with parachuting/para-sailing school, subpar downtown, lovely Roman Catholic church (St. Mary's)

Washington Township - very nice area w/ large commercial area on Black Horse Pike, good schools and v/g police dept

Gloucester Township - slightly better than Winslow (for now) but already built out with little room for new construction

Mullica Hill - nice area with older downtown and plenty of new, upscale construction

Pitman - old town with potential for new, upscale construction

Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM

5 posts, read 21,088 times
If you love your daughter DON'T move to winslow. The schools administrators, teachers, principals and vice principals are untrustworthy. They make up their own rules. Winslow moved in alot of section 8 intercity trash, the schools are only get worst1 If that's possible! The school system is racist!!! Watch out for Gloucester twp. There next.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:55 PM

section 8 destroyed the schools and neighborhoods in winslow twp. Move to Camden, less gangs! The public schools are shameful. Just a reflection of the staff!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 AM

Remember that a realtor is a salesperson. You don't want to move to winslow. I'm here and can't get out, the last 9 months have seen a spike in section 8 freehousing that is destroying neighborhoods.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKN77 View Post
I happened to read the boards on Winslow Township and its school system.
there has been many articles written about the Winslow High School to the point where I was begining to worry about my son going there this year (Middle School).

I grew up (Did my High School) in Winslow, NJ and it was one of the best experiences I ever had to date. The diversity was incredible and everyone got along and it was an experience that was an education in itself.

It is true that there are some disruptive students as the community has a mix of upper middle class to the lower economic groups; and family values vary greatly. In my proffession I work with various school systems in South Jersey and some of the biggest drug problems are in the most affluent areas!!

Bottom line is that if a child wants an education they will get one in whatever school is available.

Glad to say that my son is doing well, continues to be on the honor roll, playing sports, very social and loves going to Winslow Schools.

Oh yeah, as far as the neighborhoods, you will not find the size lots, size houses and affordablity anywhere but in Winslow township!!! No matter what your price range!!! We have houses that go for $500,000 to under $100,000.

Don't miss out on a good deal, just because of the diversity in the community!!!
you must be talking section 8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia