Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:49 PM

36 posts, read 176,553 times

Advertisements

Everything worked out, and we made it up here on the 20th (Kings Grant in Marlton for those who haven't followed my previous threads). Things have been uber-crazy and I haven't had much down time to log on to here and say hey. We've been unpacking and setting up utilities, etc. so we haven't done too much venturing out.

We have gone up and down 73, from the Wal Mart area in Berlin? (didn't go IN wal mart, just ate there at the Arbys), down to where 73 meets 70, so we know about the shopping centers there. Our realtor mentioned a Whole Foods in the area, but we haven't seen that yet...

Now what I'm looking for are any restaurants (hole in the wall type places) that are yummy. We went to King of Pizza in Cherry Hill already (thanks Southbound-I think that was you who recommended it), but we would love to try a really great bagel place or a deli?? Any suggestions? We're also looking for the closest and best Farmer's Market as well. Also, when we were here looking at houses before, I remember passing (in Medford/Marlton area) this barn that had produce for sale and hayrides and the like also. I can't remember where it was or what the name of it was, but it was located on a corner and it had signs all down the fence, etc. (shot in the dark, I know).

Anyways, thanks for everyone's help so far, the girls are loving the fenced in back yard and swingset for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
That farm is called Johnsons farm.. We have been going there for haunted hey rides and pumpkin picking for years.

Hayrides, Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple, and Pumpkin Picking - Farm Produce - Johnson's Farm

a really good bar/restaurant is Otts in Delran. The crab soup is outstanding.

Ott's - Home

how about the Berlin farmers market??

http://www.berlinmarket.com/

or columbus..

http://www.columbusfarmersmarket.com/

For an excellent true farmers market for fresh jersey fruit and veggies and the BEST rotisserie chickens and tomato/cheese pies and corn go to ..

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8...ed=0CBMQnwIwAA

welcome to jersey!!!!!

Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM

165 posts, read 292,069 times
Bagels and deli you need to go the Kibbitz room on Evesham road. Springdale Farms is right down the street. Pennsylvania dutch market on Route 70 in Medford is good it is also on the way to Johnson's Farm market. There is also a great place on Route 206 in tabernacle called Pic-a-lilli great wings and great she crab soup. Right by Kings Grant you will find Donkey's which has good cheesesteaks or Geatano's on route 73 by the Walmart. Enjoy.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:56 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times
You weren't far from Wholefoods. Just keep going on 73 past 70. It's on the right.

Deli - Kibbutz Room. Just keep going down Evesham road over 73. It's several miles down on the right.

Johnson's farm is great. Was there last weekend picking corn/peaches/nectarines/apples.

An Italian place I really like is Tarantellas in Medford.

Welcome to Tarantella Ristorante

One word of warning. If you make a right out of King's Grant and then make a left on Taunton Blvd, go the speed limit (30 MPH). Same if you go down Barton Run Blvd. There are always cops on those roads.

And you missed my party on Saturday.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
Everything worked out, and we made it up here on the 20th (Kings Grant in Marlton for those who haven't followed my previous threads). Things have been uber-crazy and I haven't had much down time to log on to here and say hey. We've been unpacking and setting up utilities, etc. so we haven't done too much venturing out.

We have gone up and down 73, from the Wal Mart area in Berlin? (didn't go IN wal mart, just ate there at the Arbys), down to where 73 meets 70, so we know about the shopping centers there. Our realtor mentioned a Whole Foods in the area, but we haven't seen that yet...

Now what I'm looking for are any restaurants (hole in the wall type places) that are yummy. We went to King of Pizza in Cherry Hill already (thanks Southbound-I think that was you who recommended it), but we would love to try a really great bagel place or a deli?? Any suggestions? We're also looking for the closest and best Farmer's Market as well. Also, when we were here looking at houses before, I remember passing (in Medford/Marlton area) this barn that had produce for sale and hayrides and the like also. I can't remember where it was or what the name of it was, but it was located on a corner and it had signs all down the fence, etc. (shot in the dark, I know).

Anyways, thanks for everyone's help so far, the girls are loving the fenced in back yard and swingset for sure
I'm glad it finally worked! South Jersey isn't what you expected, is it? It's not so different, really.

Produce Junction is your friend. There are a couple that you're likely to run across. Produce is the cheapest you'll find. Most is preweighed & prebagged. If you don't like the look of it, you don't have to take it. Oh, & it's cash only.

Aldi on Rt 38 in Maple Shade is good. Pathmark is on Church Road behind the Cherry Hill Mall. The store is old but it's clean. The cashiers are nice & most have worked for Pathmark for decades.

There's a very good Thai restaurant in Marlton, at that very long shopping center on the west side of 73. I'll have to check for the name. Oriental Pearl in Haddonfield is my favorite restaurant, My favorite Italian restaurant closed, so take names from the others for Italian. I'm hoping to be up there in a couple of weeks but for now, I might tell you something that's no longer opened. It's been a bad 2 years for the economy.

If your husband is driving back & forth on Rt 70, if Lou & Ann's is still open, have him stop in & get you Hoagies. Lou & Ann's was there when my family moved to Cherry Hill in 1964 & Cherry Hill was still semi-rural. Lou & Ann's is a dumpy little place between Ellisburg & Sawmill Road.

For years, there has been a Kosher Deli in Ellisburg Shopping Center. I don't know if it's still open, though. Last I knew there was a bagel place in the little shopping center at Chapel & Kings Highway across from Dollar General. You'll notice that the most popular dollar store is Dollar Tree.

Trader Joe's in on 73. I hate the parking lot there & used to go to Trader Joe's in Delaware. By the way, no sales tax in NJ on clothes & most food, but there is no sales tax in Delaware.

Whole Foods is at the corner of a shopping center at the corner of 73 & Greentree Road.

Franco's sells Panrarottis. They're sort of an inside-out deepfried pizza. Franco’s Place – Haddon Township New Jersey Restaurant Menus - Haddontownshipmenus.com

You'll need this: Marlton Menus – Restaurants in Marlton New Jersey - Findmymenus.com I set it to Marlton, but you can switch towns on the left side.

When you get more settled,go to Philly & check out the Reading Terminal Market. Reading Terminal Market › Home

Oh, & every couple of weeks go to Haddonfield, & walk around downtown. From right after Labor Day until January, it's a great place to see the holidays come & go.

We'll be waiting for the next round of questions.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post

Produce Junction is your friend.
But be prepared to buy a lot of food (although cheap). Who doesn't want a bag of 20 cucumbers for a dollar?

Old 08-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
But be prepared to buy a lot of food (although cheap). Who doesn't want a bag of 20 cucumbers for a dollar?
LOL, I've usually gone to the one behind the Moorestown Mall. I've never seen cukes there - never. But yes, some amounts are kind of fun. like when they sometimes sell what must be 3 dozen heads of garlic for a dollar. God I miss Produce Junction!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Two restaurants I have heard good things (haven't had a chance to go to them yet) are:

The Chop House

The ChopHouse Restaurant. Bar. Private Events. New Jersey

The Library

Library 2 Restaurant

Old 08-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Two restaurants I have heard good things (haven't had a chance to go to them yet) are:

The Chop House

The ChopHouse Restaurant. Bar. Private Events. New Jersey

The Library

Library 2 Restaurant
The Library has been there for a million years. I never went, but it sort of goes up & down. Usually it's good, though, from what I've heard.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:18 PM

There used to be another farmer's market. It was Trainer's or Trainor's & it was Johnson's competition. I've been digging around online to see if it's still there, but can't find anything (but I've dredged up every personal trainer & training program in the area.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia