Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 12:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,533 times

Advertisements

People are people wherever you go. I consider myself and am currently middle/upper middle class. I grew up and live in Mt. Laurel, however I have lived in Moorestown. You will find good and bad, snobby or not anywhere; strangely enough no matter what their income level or class. I had a recent exchange at a pool party with a new money snob who probably would put our current finances to shame. After listening and attempting to change subjects, I finally offered the idea that money shouldnt be the only quality that a person or family should be judged. When the idiocy continued I just excused myself and got to know some other people at the party. I would like to believe this person was promptly told by the others at the table that my family helped colonize New Jersey, a town is named after our old plantation, my great great grandfather fought Ferris over his patent infringing wheel, and the Annapolis Navel museum exhibits my ancestors papers from the Barbery wars. Over the centuries my family has been rich, struggling, and just comfortable at different times. What really matters is the person you are and qualities you expound. I like to imagine someone told that idiot off as I walked away but I only talk to close friends who dont judge someone by their dead relations and current bank account about my circumstances and colorful family history so the few at that table probably didnt know who I was. And at the risk of being snobby myself money cant buy class. Moorestown, Haddonfield, Mt. laurel, Cherry hill, and Voorhees all are good towns with mostly great but some annoying people. They have good public and private schools for families so dont overthink your move. Welcome to New Jersey when you arrive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:33 AM

108 posts, read 340,271 times
LOL.. we moved to Moorestown 2 years ago..my OP was from a long long time ago. Happy to say, we love it here.
The people in South Jersey are amazing and Moorestown has welcomed us with open arms...

Old 10-21-2016, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 7,389 times
Cold Up North, I know this is an old thread but I find myself in the same situation. Do you have any recommendations for moving to Moorestown now that you've been there for a couple years? Are their any blocks or areas that are better for community feel? People walking around, kids playing in the street, etc? We would like to be within walking distance of stuff as well.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 801 times
I am a realtor, and resident in Moorestown, NJ. I can tell you there are many great areas and I personally have not felt that it was elitist or cliquey at all. Our neighborhood (which is right off Main Street) has about 20 homes and many of the neighbors are older and have lived here quite a bit. I'm sure like any town, there are some people who behave differently, but that has not been my experience, both personally and for my clients. We have grown to love the area. There is a ton to do, the library was rebuilt a few years ago, and there are always events. Main Street constantly has parades and events. There is also a local Facebook group that you can join "Moorestown 08057" to find out more about local happenings. And, of course, should you be looking to relocate to the area, and just need someone, find me on my website: [url=http://www.MoorestownMoves.com]MoorestownMoves | For Everything Moorestown[/url] - Jessica Holtzman

Old 01-31-2017, 12:51 PM

4 posts, read 7,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

The area along East Oak Ave. is pretty nice and very convenient to a lot of nice parks and I believe the younger kids would go to the Dawson St. school. This area has a lot of variety in housing and the closer you are to Dawson, the smaller/cheaper the homes while the other end near Chester and especially the section between Chester and Stanwick are a lot of large older homes on big lots, generally I would consider this area typical Moorestown, while the section near Dawson is a little below average, but still nice.
I had to smile at this, we just moved with our two kids to the "below average" section near Dawson. We've only been there two weeks but so far our girls and us like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia